WINDASS BID REJECTED

14 minutes ago, FearlessOwl said:

Wonder who they actually managed to submit the bid too? I reckon they spent days trying to find someone with a clue of what's going on. Eventually they was passed to a lady in the club store, who was confused by the request so just told them that they were out of stock 

If she picked up on the Landan accent she may have thought they were asking about our windows. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Hornsby
6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

In my defence I’ve said it all along. He would be no great loss and easily replaceable if we had a well run club capable of identifying better players. However we don’t. 
He really is a very average player

Yeah, that is why Brentford try to buy him recently.

And they have best recruitment team in any UK club.

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

In my defence I’ve said it all along. He would be no great loss and easily replaceable if we had a well run club capable of identifying better players. However we don’t. 

= "Good riddance he was crap anyway"

Owlstalk Shop

Let's be honest here, it's a bloody shame that Windass is gonna have to go to pay 'some bills', he's our best asset.

And for people saying he's no real loss, he's consistently available for selection over the season, and works his socks off! Yeah, he's not the finished article, but then, he wouldn't be with us if he was.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Might show some better form if he can spend more time training and practicing football, and less time emailing SWFC payroll,  apologising to his mortgage company, hours on hold to Amigo loans, queueing in the soup kitchens and selling the big issue.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Can't see Millwall offering much. Maybe 500k sort of region. 

Millwall will probably know our financial predicament, so won’t offer a penny more than they have to, knowing that they’re calling the shots.

Our only hope of getting something approaching his true value is if other clubs also bid for him.

29 minutes ago, FearlessOwl said:

Wonder who they actually managed to submit the bid too? I reckon they spent days trying to find someone with a clue of what's going on. Eventually they was passed to a lady in the club store, who was confused by the request so just told them that they were out of stock 

Genius post!

I now have visions of these two running the club...

image.png.d31a499f289add05012b58504cf85e67.png

... perhaps that's being a bit harsh on them though!

• Haha 2

One of our better players. Seeing as we don't look like signing any new ones, best to concentrate on at least keeping what we have, so we can put 11 players out in the pitch for the opening game.

For a normal club, that can sign players to replace him, anything around £2m would be good business.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Maybe because there's no breach of contract and Millwall will know that

Rules are that if they aren't paid for two months they can hand their notice into the club and then the club have 15 days to pay or the player can walk away from his contract.

That was the story doing the rounds a few weeks ago.

40 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Don’t think we have any problem at all identifying better players. What we do have is a slight problem persuading them to sign.