WINDASS BID REJECTED

Why doesn't he just had the club his notice and then if they don't pay his wages in 15 days he can leave for nothing.

Then rather than Millwall paying Wednesday a transfer fee, Widnass could command a larger signing on fee.

Imagine Windass

Plays for the club, gets pelters off our fans, doesn't get paid

Then a club comes in for him and he thinks 'THANK GOD!! A WAY OUT OF THIS HELL'

And then we reject the bid 

You'd be GUTTED if Millwall said 'Ah ok then bye!!' and condemned you to not getting your wages, embargoes, points deductions, no teammates in the squad to play with etc

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Normal process as far as I can see.

SWFC will have a value so Millwall will need to get close. They could have offered £100k for all we know.

He's clearly going, so hopefully this news attracts other Championship club bids.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FearlessOwl said:

Wonder who they actually managed to submit the bid too? I reckon they spent days trying to find someone with a clue of what's going on. Eventually they was passed to a lady in the club store, who was confused by the request so just told them that they were out of stock 

lol

Post of the day

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Why doesn't he just had the club his notice and then if they don't pay his wages in 15 days he can leave for nothing.

Then rather than Millwall paying Wednesday a transfer fee, Widnass could command a larger signing on fee.

Maybe because there's no breach of contract and Millwall will know that

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Would Wednesday be able to keep his registration though? Preventing him from playing for another team?

Just now, Animis said:

Normal process as far as I can see.

SWFC will have a value so Millwall will need to get close. They could have offered £100k for all we know. 

This is the thing - they COULD and to be honest they SHOULD if they (or any other club) had any brains about them

Everyone knows we're skint, the headlines are about how we can't afford to pay wages, how we're paying them drips from an EFL fund etc

Last thing any club will do is steam in with a banging offer that's too good to be true

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I hope he stays

If he DOES go then I can't blame him and I wish him well and all the luck in the world at his new club

I certainly wont' be one of those crybaby fans who like to post 'good riddance he was crap anyway' which I'm sure we're going to have to endure

In my defence I’ve said it all along. He would be no great loss and easily replaceable if we had a well run club capable of identifying better players. However we don’t. 
He really is a very average player

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the thing - they COULD and to be honest they SHOULD if they (or any other club) had any brains about them

Everyone knows we're skint, the headlines are about how we can't afford to pay wages, how we're paying them drips from an EFL fund etc

Last thing any club will do is steam in with a banging offer that's too good to be true

Indeed - however, unless there's some legal proceedings regarding his and the other player's contracts, he's still our player with a year left. Let's see how this develops but if he's going, we should aim to get the max transfer fee, and we can only this if there are two parties involved. 

Cleary someone is informing Joe Crann - SWFC, Windass or his agent, which puts other clubs on alert. In normal times this would depress me, but these aren't normal time @ SWFC and I'm beyond getting depressed over the club.

• Love 1