WINDASS BID REJECTED

One of a few players that looked like scoring last season would think he’d be big asset in league one but unfortunately the eagles are circling above the doomed club and the few decent players we have left will leave in the near future barring some miracle wages funds planning etc all start to materialise 

I don’t understand the “legals” on this non payment of wages & the rights of being able to walk away from a contract.

But if I were a complete bar-steward of a club recruitment set-up I would say resign from your contract for non payment & we’ll give you an improved signing on fee.

Sort your  s**t out Chansiri ffs

• Like 1

No surprise there. History tells us the Chairman won’t accept any old offer despite the fact it looks like we’re on the edge of the precipice financially?

Does anyone know the offer amount, we get these story but very few ever seen to know enough to suggest they are not putting 2 and 2 together and getting 12.

So what was the offer reject and does the club have a price tag.

5 minutes ago, NobbyStyle said:

I don’t understand the “legals” on this non payment of wages & the rights of being able to walk away from a contract.

But if I were a complete bar-steward of a club recruitment set-up I would say resign from your contract for non payment & we’ll give you an improved signing on fee.

Sort your  s**t out Chansiri ffs

We did it last season, Wigan paid £2m for Windass when buying him, they had no money in administration and needed £500k to pay Rangers the final instalment of what they owed, so we paid £500k for him and Ranger got their money Wigan got nothing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Normal process as far as I can see.

SWFC will have a value so Millwall will need to get close. They could have offered £100k for all we know.

He's clearly going, so hopefully this news attracts other Championship club bids.

It’s not so much him going- the question is who is going to replace him!

1 hour ago, FearlessOwl said:

Wonder who they actually managed to submit the bid too? I reckon they spent days trying to find someone with a clue of what's going on. Eventually they was passed to a lady in the club store, who was confused by the request so just told them that they were out of stock 

Well it couldn't have been the bloke doing the season ticket refunds cos he's way too busy doing two refunds a day

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We did it last season, Wigan paid £2m for Windass when buying him, they had no money in administration and needed £500k to pay Rangers the final instalment of what they owed, so we paid £500k for him and Ranger got their money Wigan got nothing.

But could he not just resign for non payment so we’d get nothing?

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

= "Good riddance he was crap anyway"

A very average player who would probably score about 15 goals for us in L1 this season. I hope he stays with us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

In my defence I’ve said it all along. He would be no great loss and easily replaceable if we had a well run club capable of identifying better players. However we don’t. 
He really is a very average player

He is that average that 5 or 6 top end championship clubs are interested in him. Was our main threat last season in a poor side. Think in a better team he would be very useful. 

• Like 3

Just now, ZicoSterland2 said:

He is that average that 5 or 6 top end championship clubs are interested in him. Was our main threat last season in a poor side. Think in a better team he would be very useful. 

Some of the comments aimed at Windass during his time here have been baffling.

He's one of the few players to be able to hold his head high after last season, and has plenty to offer at Championship level, never mind League One.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Normal process as far as I can see.

SWFC will have a value so Millwall will need to get close. They could have offered £100k for all we know.

He's clearly going, so hopefully this news attracts other Championship club bids.

Yes. Surely, it’s standard practice to reject the opening offer?!

• Like 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Some of the comments aimed at Windass during his time here have been baffling.

He's one of the few players to be able to hold his head high after last season, and has plenty to offer at Championship level, never mind League One.

Some on here wouldn't rate Messi or Ronaldo. Windass more than covered his fee last season and is championship quality at least.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

One of a few players that looked like scoring last season would think he’d be big asset in league one but unfortunately the eagles are circling above the doomed club and the few decent players we have left will leave in the near future barring some miracle wages funds planning etc all start to materialise 

Eagles

• Like 1