WINDASS BID REJECTED

30 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

A very average player who would probably score about 15 goals for us in L1 this season. I hope he stays with us. 

Apols Neil. That makes it look like I was responding to your post, when I was responding to Plonk, same as you. I'll get the hang of this Owlstalk lark one of these days 😊

If we’re £12 million in the hole as some have suggested then what’s the point in selling one of our few remaining assets for a pittance? We need real money - Windass, Bannan, Iorfa are worth millions not hundreds of thousands - if we have to rely on their sales to make ends meet then it really is pointless accepting less than their market value.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

If we’re £12 million in the hole as some have suggested then what’s the point in selling one of our few remaining assets for a pittance? We need real money - Windass, Bannan, Iorfa are worth millions not hundreds of thousands - if we have to rely on their sales to make ends meet then it really is pointless accepting less than their market value.

But if you can't pay them, then you've already got one hand tied behind by our back and Millwall and the rest of football know it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Why doesn't he just had the club his notice and then if they don't pay his wages in 15 days he can leave for nothing.

Then rather than Millwall paying Wednesday a transfer fee, Widnass could command a larger signing on fee.

And there in one post we have the mentality of a Sheffield Wednesday 'supporter' on Owls Talk - probably wishing this scenario to happen.

Never been reyt some of the warriors on here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Mcguigan
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I hope he stays

If he DOES go then I can't blame him and I wish him well and all the luck in the world at his new club

I certainly wont' be one of those crybaby fans who like to post 'good riddance he was crap anyway' which I'm sure we're going to have to endure

Why would you hope he stays when you’ve posted numerous times your frustrations with him, the main one being you have absolutely no idea what position he plays, is best at or where he fits into ANY team (not just ours)?

2 hours ago, FearlessOwl said:

Wonder who they actually managed to submit the bid too? I reckon they spent days trying to find someone with a clue of what's going on. Eventually they was passed to a lady in the club store, who was confused by the request so just told them that they were out of stock 

I'd be laughing if I wasn't in tears at the truth in this

Basic business, never take the first offer particularly if other clubs are sniffing around. I've no idea what Millwall offered but I bet it was low because we need the money. We need someone to put word out that we are considering other offers for him.....where's Paxo when you need him?