WINDASS BID REJECTED

7 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

personally I'd like him to stay, I think he'd be quite strong in league 1

But if anyone bids £2m I'd also sell

IIRC, Wigan paid £400k for him, and we paid ~£500k for him.  I think we'll be very lucky to get 4 times the price we paid.  I reckon we'll get £750k tops.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manwë said:

IIRC, Wigan paid £400k for him, and we paid ~£500k for him.  I think we'll be very lucky to get 4 times the price we paid.  I reckon we'll get £750k tops.

I think that’s about where a deal would be done. Maybe a little bit more if we are lucky and more than one club is in for him (hopefully someone with some Parachute money- West Brom maybe). Would be very surprised if it is over £1mill.

16 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Does what we paid for him have any impact on what he is worth now?

I think the only things that matter are how desperate we are for money, how much demand there is for his services and how well others think he played last year for a team that came bottom.

Maybe we will get £2m or £750k. We don't have enough info to judge.

Edited by prowl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Wigan paid £2.5m for him.

Ah, my mistake.  Thanks for the correction.  Maybe the £400k was what was owed at the time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine Windass

Plays for the club, gets pelters off our fans, doesn't get paid

Then a club comes in for him and he thinks 'THANK GOD!! A WAY OUT OF THIS HELL'

And then we reject the bid 

You'd be GUTTED if Millwall said 'Ah ok then bye!!' and condemned you to not getting your wages, embargoes, points deductions, no teammates in the squad to play with etc

I think the club have rejected the offer, not the approach. Millwall might be trying it on with what they’ve offered. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I think the club have rejected the offer, not the approach. Millwall might be trying it on with what they’ve offered. 

Yeah totally 

I was just imagining if they just said 'ah no thanks then' and Windass gets stranded here

Owlstalk Shop

I’m looking at our player roster and thinking about putting a cheeky bit in for a couple of them. I’ve got a friend struggling to hire bar and restaurant staff at the moment so I’m thinking of offering a few quid for Hutchinson for bar manager (wise old head) and possibly Green for table service. They need a glass collector but I don’t think Wildsmith or Dawson are a good shout. 
I thought about Dunkley and Paterson for door staff but I don’t think the place has enough chairs to take Paterson on. 

3 minutes ago, malek said:

Guess it is not far of to what We offered Wigan for him last Summer.

Although that doesn't mean he's not worth more.

Wasn't that just what the administrators wanted to cover what was left to pay on his transfer fee to them?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Although that doesn't mean he's not worth more.

Wasn't that just what the administrators wanted to cover what was left to pay on his transfer fee to them?

He certainly is, but Millwall hope just like we did year ago that his club's financial problems will force his club to accept first cash offer that comes its way.

We paid 500k for him, he had decent season and drew interest from few clubs.

Hope we are not in such a dire situation that we can't turn down offers like this one and hold out for close to what he is worth to us.

• Like 1