Urhoghide turns down contract offer and is set to leave Sheffield Wednesday

I recall his interview about his first team appearance and how the attraction of playing for us has gone down since. Prob been advised that it's a bad place to be if he wants to progress his career cos of stink in air whereas in past players stay and fight to get in team. 

36 minutes ago, vulva said:

Happy to be proven wrong on this one, and wish him well, but I don’t see the hullabaloo with this lad. Every time I’ve seen him he’s looked miles out of his depth. Like a rabbit in the headlights. 

Liam Shaw is the one that got away, not this lad. 

I genuinely could not disagree more.

Of course he had a few nervy games.. Blackburn at home being one of them.. however I could mention Leeds away to cancel that out

At least in my eyes he looked athletic, had a bit of skill about him and was not afraid to bring the ball forward.

Him and Iorfa in League 1 would have been a powerful and quick pairing - which of course, like everything else at the moment.. has now gone to sh*t.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Disagree

I think it's a blow
Especially when you just imagine the kind of replacement we're gonna get

I'm less worried about the team per say right now, more worried with actually having a club full stop.

We can fix the team if we have a club. Players come and go mate. Fix the club, the team will follow. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Disagree

I think it's a blow
Especially when you just imagine the kind of replacement we're gonna get

I doubt we’ll be replacing him. We have Hutch, Borner, Iorfa and Dunkley. Then Brennan coming through. 

if anything there are too many there. Which may have impacted his decision to stay. I mean if you said to me, where going to build a team around you. You’re the future, by the way we’ve brought Hutchinson back and he’s on double what we’re offering you. I’d question the faith you had in me and the amount of game time I’d be getting. 

Can’t see this as fresh blow tbh, was always going to happen. I hadn’t realised that Pulis froze him out either until I read an article the other day. Nice one Tone! OU must be thankful his contract is up, he will have a few options I suspect, good luck to him.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I doubt we’ll be replacing him. We have Hutch, Borner, Iorfa and Dunkley. Then Brennan coming through. 

if anything there are too many there. Which may have impacted his decision to stay. I mean if you said to me, where going to build a team around you. You’re the future, by the way we’ve brought Hutchinson back and he’s on double what we’re offering you. I’d question the faith you had in me and the amount of game time I’d be getting. 

All fair points mate and agree.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

He likely would have stayed had we offered him a wage befitting a first team player

Conversely, after making him a matchday squad regular and showing potential we’d make a serious offer to keep him.  This is all on the chairman yet again.

What have we offered him?