Urhoghide turns down contract offer and is set to leave Sheffield Wednesday

No real surprise. A shame, as he had the chance to flourish under two coaches who were centre halves, playing most weeks in the first team. Hopefully, he goes on to have a good career and remembers the part we played in that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, northeastowl said:

We don’t know that do we. With him being one of the lowest paid players I’d presume he would have got paid. Wages were capped at £7k at one point and I’m sure he wouldn’t be on that. 

Loyalty does mean nothing to 90% of footballers but if it was going to mean anything to one of our players it was probably him with what we’ve done for his career.

and if he'd have had a serious injury we'd have thrown him out on his arse with him being out of contract, the club wouldn't have been loyal

Why does loyalty only seem to work one way?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, markg said:

We didn't rescue his career. He rescued his own by hard work, determination and skill. He doesn't owe us anything. 

Plenty who do that still don’t get a chance. So I disagree that we are not part of the equation. But if he can play at a higher level youd expect him to go. Just need to make sure we get compensation.

Offer bannan and Hutchinson 

Massive contracts, no resale value or value for money 

Offer youngsters 1 year contracts on youth wages 

And fans wonder why we are financially f#cked 

Absolute criminal and embarrassing still entertaining bannan and Hutchinson 

• Like 9

Happy to be proven wrong on this one, and wish him well, but I don’t see the hullabaloo with this lad. Every time I’ve seen him he’s looked miles out of his depth. Like a rabbit in the headlights. 

Liam Shaw is the one that got away, not this lad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The difference with Urhoghide was that he got a pretty bad injury didn’t he? So presumably we needed to be sure on that before offering a longer term deal. The safe bet might’ve been a years extension whilst injured on the same money.

But in any case he’s come back to fitness just as we are going down.

4 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

and if he'd have had a serious injury we'd have thrown him out on his arse with him being out of contract, the club wouldn't have been loyal

Why does loyalty only seem to work one way?

You sure about that. We normally keep players under contract even if they can’t walk. 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

The difference with Urhoghide was that he got a pretty bad injury didn’t he? So presumably we needed to be sure on that before offering a longer term deal. The safe bet might’ve been a years extension whilst injured on the same money.

But in any case he’s come back to fitness just as we are going down.

No the safe bet was giving him a contract as soon as the manager decided he wanted the player to start first team games 

The player wasn't on a massive wage 

Was all to happy to chuck another multimillion contract at Hutchinson and bannan tho

This club is clueless when it comes to youngsters and always has been 

• Like 1

Interesting one.

If it wasn’t for the season ending injury to Irofa he probably doesn’t get a sniff this season. Very much made the most out of his opportunity and that should be a big encouragement to others.

He owes us nothing and I would leave, that’s now the 2 best players who have come out of our academy set up in the last 10 years both leaving, for free. 

Fair enough, don't blame him. Would have been a big ask for him to stay, even without the off field distractions. 

Chansiri doesn't value young players, offering a pittance and letting contracts run dow, and this is the outcome, they walk away for free. 

Not irreplaceable, but more work for Moore to do. 

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Happy to be proven wrong on this one, and wish him well, but I don’t see the hullabaloo with this lad. Every time I’ve seen him he’s looked miles out of his depth. Like a rabbit in the headlights. 

Liam Shaw is the one that got away, not this lad. 

I tend to agree. He has pace but makes some poor decisions for me. Shame but he may regret this. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

No the safe bet was giving him a contract as soon as the manager decided he wanted the player to start first team games 

The player wasn't on a massive wage 

Was all to happy to chuck another multimillion contract at Hutchinson and bannan tho

This club is clueless when it comes to youngsters and always has been 

That's the key thing for me. If a player is deemed good enough for the first team, give them an appropriate first team contract. Stop chucking money at players heading towards retirement and plan ahead  for longer than one season.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

I tend to agree. He has pace but makes some poor decisions for me. Shame but he may regret this. 

Absolutely. His debut at Hillsborough was the worst I’ve seen since Raphael Floro. Hope it works out for him but I think people are more agrieved we’ve lost ‘a’ player, and are getting a tad carried away. 

• Like 1