Urhoghide turns down contract offer and is set to leave Sheffield Wednesday

Guest Therealrealist
17 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Interesting one.

If it wasn’t for the season ending injury to Irofa he probably doesn’t get a sniff this season. Very much made the most out of his opportunity and that should be a big encouragement to others.

He owes us nothing and I would leave, that’s now the 2 best players who have come out of our academy set up in the last 10 years both leaving, for free. 

He didnt come out of our academy

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

And not finished yet mate IMO

Not sure. Depends on pay dispute obviously, but the club can ill afford to lose anymore through fear we can’t replace them. 

This makes my blood boil. Urhoghuide showed a lot of potential last year and is exactly the type of player who should be part of our future.

Yet more incompetence from Chansiri leaving it too late to tie players down to a new contract.

Good luck to the lad though.

A full season and championship level would be worth millions.

I suspect our valuation of youth players will have ment a contract for 1 or 2 years on next to nothing terms.

Well done DC another bit of shrewd business letting a player leave who would be worth a lot more than Bannan in 18 months and probably have cost the club less than 20% what we are paying him.

Ridiculous.  DC can't even use the excuse that no one thought he was any good until he played.  Showed his potential V Brighton and Leeds before his disaster game against Blackburn where he desperately needed a senior player to put an arm round him that never came.  But showed enough that he needed tying down to a longer contract. Going down to league two with a team of under 23's and 18's and a points deduction, I bet DC never shows his face at Hillsborough again..  If we  even start the season and don't get wound up entirely. What a total balls up.

It’s really short sighted by the club on so many levels. I thought we had a glimmer of hope in being able to bear enough guarantee him first team football. But he’s one of 5 first team CB’s on our books so that’s no given either. 

I’d have loved us to prioritise him over Hutch, similar to Shaw over Bannan. Whilst neither are better than the more experienced Hutch and Bannan, they were cheaper, they will get better and we could have built around them in league one. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Pity I think him and Shaw could have developed into decent players

The irony is, we're crying out for young and hungry players especially now we're in League One, but are unable to keep the ones we already have that fit the bill.

Chansiri is just one monumental fizz up after another and he knows less about football now than the day he arrived.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine if we had a side of Shaw, Urhoghide, Waldock, Adedoyin, Brennan, Dele Bashiru, Hunt, Hagan and George Hirst and Preslav Borukov up front

Winning side that 

Not sure it’s a winning side, but it’s a nucleus of a squad which likely costs a similar amount to Westwood, Bannan & Rhodes. 

Even if only half of those developed into good league one players (And I’m sure most could be) we’d be set to build around them. 

1 hour ago, No Uniform said:

Personally think he wanted to stay. Just the clubs position financially has screwed it up for us. Good luck to him.

He likely would have stayed had we offered him a wage befitting a first team player

44 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Am I surprised....No. 

However after we rescued his career when he got released by Wimbledon you’d think he might have been a bit more loyal. 

I guess we don’t know where he might be going and what his contract situation was like with us. You’d think he’d have been paid as he must have been on a small salary. 

Conversely, after making him a matchday squad regular and showing potential we’d make a serious offer to keep him.  This is all on the chairman yet again.