Urhoghide turns down contract offer and is set to leave Sheffield Wednesday

I could cry at what's happening to our/my club! Like someone said we did rescue this kid gave him a chance and looked a prospect! Now through our illustrious owner and his sidekick we're gonna lose him, hand your heads in shame DC AP 

• Like 1

Sky is the limit with Urhoghide. He’s got all the attributes to play at the top, he’s quick, he’s strong and he can play anywhere across the back and most importantly comes across as just a real genuine kid. 

But yet again, the club lets itself down with this 1 year deal policy for young players. He could have been a real asset, especially in L1. 

All the best, I hope he does well. 

• Like 5

Am I surprised....No. 

However after we rescued his career when he got released by Wimbledon you’d think he might have been a bit more loyal. 

I guess we don’t know where he might be going and what his contract situation was like with us. You’d think he’d have been paid as he must have been on a small salary. 

• Like 1

Just now, northeastowl said:

However after we rescued his career when he got released by Wimbledon you’d think he might have been a bit more loyal. 

I'd jump ship from this club asap. Loyalty is nonsense. The guy hasn't even been paid properly and owes us nothing. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Am I surprised....No. 

I guess we don’t know where he might be going and what his contract situation was like with us. You’d think he’d have been paid as he must have been on a small salary. 

We didn't rescue his career. He rescued his own by hard work, determination and skill. He doesn't owe us anything. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

I'd jump ship from this club asap. Loyalty is nonsense. The guy hasn't even been paid properly and owes us nothing. 

We don’t know that do we. With him being one of the lowest paid players I’d presume he would have got paid. Wages were capped at £7k at one point and I’m sure he wouldn’t be on that. 

Loyalty does mean nothing to 90% of footballers but if it was going to mean anything to one of our players it was probably him with what we’ve done for his career.

Just now, markg said:

We didn't rescue his career. He rescued his own by hard work, determination and skill. He doesn't owe us anything. 

Im not saying he owes us anything. I’m not surprised and I don’t blame him. Just thought if anyone would choose to stay it might have been him. 

Just shows how bad it really all is behind the scenes.