BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Shut up you big baby.

Calling Wednesdayites not real fans because they have a different view.

That’s fine. Keep defending points deductions, player revolts, furlough, selling the stadium, relegation, about 8 first team players.

Keep defending it! But sorry doesn’t make you a SWFC supporter.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Few potential reasons I suppose:

- Antipathy towards DC

- Point of principle re. use of taxpayer money (unlikely, I'll admit)

- They're so sick of wage payments being missed that some are now actively trying to reach the point where they can walk as free agents due to breach of contract on the part of the club.

Don't know about anyone else but the third one seems pretty plausible to me. 

I don’t know the ins and outs of the furlough scheme but I would think once furloughed the players can’t access club facilities ? Gym, training pitches, physios ? This could be detrimental to their future if they looked for another club.

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Still there’s people who support this regime. People who shouted me down for starting a ‘negative’ thread the other day.

Chansiri supporters you are no longer SWFC fans in my book. 

I can see where you are coming from but i think they are all Owls who are just ignorant of what's really going on. They just want to support the team we all love. Let's keep the focus on DC, most fans will catch on eventually when everything implodes.

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

In terms of the players why no would they get an option to be furloughed 

basically chansiri puts them on furlough and claims 80% of 2.5k per month for all the squad earning that or above 

and then chansiri tops up the wages ( eventually himself )

he still has to pay them he just claims the furlough money back

dont see how this is a bad thing or why he would need to consult the players they are currently not working 

unless he’s asking them to train or given them a training programme to follow ( which they would have done ) 

them technically they are still working so he can’t claim furlough 

Wrong - if you have worked with the furlough scheme - it is possible for staff to be ‘on furlough’ but still be receiving ‘training’.

Clearly the complexity is what constitutes ‘training’

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doubleo said:

I don’t know the ins and outs of the furlough scheme but I would think once furloughed the players can’t access club facilities ? Gym, training pitches, physios ? This could be detrimental to their future if they looked for another club.

Would possibly get around that with flexible furlough. That said they are on holibobs right now. So in theory not working at there place of work (Ill be honest are they training or accessing facilities? I dunno)

Anyhow they are entitled to 100 percent of wages, when "working" 80 per cent when not. If thats the way the club want to work it.

• Like 1

Just now, pj owl said:

Wrong - if you have worked with the furlough scheme - it is possible for staff to be ‘on furlough’ but still be receiving ‘training’.

Didn't know that.

Regardless of how you look at it, honestly with the constant barrage of negative news around the club why would any player with half a brain sign for us? 

I do think many issues in the past will have been blown massively out of promotion, but it becomes impossible to ignore and I’m sure this will have an impact on transfers, even if we did miraculously have a few quid to spend. 

18 minutes ago, pj owl said:

The concept is training as in educational training.

It would be some stretch of the imagination to use fitness under the term training.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s fine. Keep defending points deductions, player revolts, furlough, selling the stadium, relegation, about 8 first team players.

what a ridiculous post .........i like no doubt many others  dont defend or attack  anyone coz i like many others dont know the facts of whats going off but dont ever question that i and i'm sure many others arnt SWFC supporters just because they dont agree with your  views .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Only one reason for it - they don’t wanna do it for this chairman 

I think this touches on what is probably the real issue.  To my mind we now have 2 categories of players on the books. Those whose contracts are not being renewed and those we are still going to employ into next season

Those leaving are amongst the highest earners and have been messed around with not being paid on time for a number of months. Considering they will not be SWFC employees going forward why would they accept any deal

Those players who are going to be playing for us next season will surely have been given fitness programmes for the summer. As this would surely count as being carrying out employment, as I understand it, they would not therefore be entitled for furlough payments 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Mate you've gone full fan blaming there. Some fans just want to turn up and watch 11 lads kick a football around for 90 mins and not get involved with this ugly side.

Of course one impacts the other, however, If they don't want to get involved, then that's up to them.

They arnt apologists, or validating DC and the certainly arnt any less as a fan.

It's just not there bag and for me, thats all mellow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Minesapint said:

I think this touches on what is probably the real issue.  To my mind we now have 2 categories of players on the books. Those whose contracts are not being renewed and those we are still going to employ into next season

Those leaving are amongst the highest earners and have been messed around with not being paid on time for a number of months. Considering they will not be SWFC employees going forward why would they accept any deal

Those players who are going to be playing for us next season will surely have been given fitness programmes for the summer. As this would surely count as being carrying out employment, as I understand it, they would not therefore be entitled for furlough payments 

Really good point well made.