BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Everybody on this forum is bound by the same common interest and desire. A love of Sheffield Wednesday and the best interests of the football club.

Unfortunately, the overwhelming evidence is that being pro-Chansiri is no longer compatible. It can’t be. There isn’t a defence left in favour of Chansiri or under the context of what’s best for SWFC.

Like i said in another thread, DC represents a challenge to what SWFC even is to us or what that love looks like. If it’s the material things like the badge (that he’s changed), the kit (that he’s toyed around with) or the stadium (that he’s plastered his name allover), then people need to start coming to terms with losing it. Those things are his now, to be handed to his son. 

Fair points.

I'm not really seeing a Chansiri dynasty tho mate.

We're in an end game... I'm pretty certain of that.

• Like 2

Is this about pro chansiri or not? I guess when you consider his spending of recent years that hasn't helped the situation but we have zero income and a, until recently, fairly consistent and high expenditure. 

It doesn't take a genius to realise that this is untenable in the long term.

2 hours ago, pussface said:

I very much doubt this is the case, and even if it was the legalities of such a cynical audacious move would surely result in yet more sanctions.

Not sure what your objecting to mate,the procedure as outlined is well established,its perfectly legal,but not in my view 'moral'

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I wonder what the end game will be for Chansiri at Wednesday.

I really cant see how he can turn the club around, he clearly has neither the resources, acumen or shrewdness to do it.

Has he ever had any acumen? 

Feels like he’s just completely stumbled his way through his time here. Throwing poo at the wall to see what sticks. Literally since day one. The schemes. The arguments. The policies. The accounts. 

And now it feels like that episode of the Simpsons where we all hold hands waiting for an asteroid to wipe us out. 

Am I not right in thinking players contracts are classified differently to normal working laws. 

Theres also the point that since (be it without the fans) players were allowed to work through the pandemic, which therefore surely being employed for the normal football season and in work they should not qualify for furlough??. 

9 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

Really worrying times, the maximum the club could claim is £2,500 a month per player, which is pretty much peanuts in this mad football world.

I'm starting to think we really are in deep doodoo.

£2500x20(?)X 2 when we're struggling to meet payroll is a step in the right direction whatever the views about it being moral.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

£2500x20(?)X 2 when we're struggling to meet payroll is a step in the right direction whatever the views about it being moral.

Or one final, desperate roll of the dice when all other avenues of finance have dried up 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Or one final, desperate roll of the dice when all other avenues of finance have dried up 

I'd agree if there was something round the corner and we need to hold until that event occurred.

But it looks like somebody being prudent and managing finances and not Chansiri.

I just want rid of Chansiri, by hook or by crook. Even if that means going into admin, L2, whatever. So annoyed at his phuckwittery right now. He has dragged this grand old clubs reputation through the mud with his sheer foolish incompetence. Whatever happens I will always be a Wednesday fan, but this bloke is a stain, a cancer, a monstrous carbuncle on our once proud club and he needs to be gone ASAP so that the process of rebuilding can commence. #defundchansiri #chansiriout

• Like 4

So did Chansiri suggest this? Or the new Chief Operating Officer?

You would think the new COO.

But obviously its Chansiri now micro managing stuff from Thailand on zoom because thats what fits the narrative.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

How on earth are we going to recruit even a decent player for next season? I'd rather sign for Forest Green Rovers at the moment, and I'm not even being sarcastic. 

Can you do last man standing next season?

We need it mate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

So did Chansiri suggest this? Or the new Chief Operating Officer?

You would think the new COO.

But obviously its Chansiri now micro managing stuff from Thailand on zoom because thats what fits the narrative.

Is this the new guy that's previously worked for Elev8?

Sounds like a great appointment.

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, bladeshater said:

He wants his money back Pal

Best chairman we have ever had...you still think that???