BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Am I right in thinkng that whilst you are furloughed you can’t do anything  relating to your job?

eg fitness training

No training what so ever with club

You could go to the gym to keep yourself fit. But based on some players in our past that’s hit and miss if they would.

Edited by Gerinako

2 minutes ago, pussface said:

I very much doubt this is the case, and even if it was the legalities of such a cynical audacious move would surely result in yet more sanctions.

Not sure what point your replying to mate? not sure whats not the case?

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Am I right in thinkng that whilst you are furloughed you can’t do anything  relating to your job?

eg fitness training

I don’t think they can do anything SWFC specific. I imagine they could continue their fitness training on their own but SWFC could enforce it and I’m not sure if they could use our facilities.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Supervisor2 said:

According to the original first report in the Telegraph, that the Yorkshire Live have taken certain extracts from, there are other clubs in the EFL that are looking at doing the same. If this loop hole to save money is available during the close season why shouldn’t we do the same, as I think there will be many clubs in the bottom three divisions that will be now struggling with finances after a season of limited income and looking at anyway possible to make savings before the season

I agree though that things don’t look good at the moment but till we hear official statements from the club and not relying on hearsay or selective reporting, let’s keep the faith with our club to do the right things

WAWAW

Why shouldnt we/they? because we shouldn't be taking taxpayers money(yours and mine) to pay millionaire footballers there wages...

• Like 2

We've had a statement about season tickets saying that the club is on it's arse financially this afternoon and then a report that the PFA have alerted clubs who are struggling that there's some government money up for grabs.

Perhaps somebody at the club has put 2+2 together and actually come up with 4?

Two months of relief will pay for some season ticket refunds.

It's not pretty but I think we're near rock bottom and somebody is at least trying to arrange the deckchairs and I don't think it's the owner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Nixon tweeted the other day that they still havnt been paid for March and April. 

Yeah, that was the case the other day. I’m not disputing that still may be the case now, just that I article doesn’t really clarify the situation.

Just now, S36 OWL said:

For me trying to grab tax payers money to subsidise wages is Chansiri’s final roll of the dice. 

What is it for the rest of the clubs exploring this option?

• Thanks 1

Just now, pussface said:

Your suggestion that Chansiri would make up the furlough shortfall.

Its perfectly legal mate,indeed many employers in much more modest jobs have done it,Govt pays 80%(initially)than dropped it,but put it back up again when the lockdowns continued.

I believe though the Govt put a stop to certain PL Clubs trying to claim staff furlough,with Billionaire owners

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Why shouldnt we/they? because we shouldn't be taking taxpayers money(yours and mine) to pay millionaire footballers there wages...

Without wanting to go too deep into macroeconomics, tax revenues are not mine or yours, they belong to the government. And furlough has been paid for by printing money plus borrowing, not tax revenues.

• Like 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

For me trying to grab tax payers money to subsidise wages is Chansiri’s final roll of the dice. 

I've just got a feeling that this has been led by somebody within the club.. not him.

I've absolutely nothing factual to back it up with tho..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

We've had a statement about season tickets saying that the club is on it's arse financially this afternoon and then a report that the PFA have alerted clubs who are struggling that there's some government money up for grabs.

Perhaps somebody at the club has put 2+2 together and actually come up with 4?

Two months of relief will pay for some season ticket refunds.

It's not pretty but I think we're near rock bottom and somebody is at least trying to arrange the deckchairs and I don't think it's the owner.

PL money is a loan,and would have to be paid back,with interst...not sure about 'Govt' money

Regardless of whether it’s moral or not, if the scheme allows it then it would be remiss of the club not to consider it. Also, I’m not sure the rationale behind players ‘rejecting it’ as it makes no difference to they whatsoever as the club will need to top up the different to make 100% of their salary. 

59 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

This article doesn't make any sense to me, given the situation we are in, why would any of the players be "stunned" about furlough, and why would they say no, considering they never get their wages? Least now they will get 80% even if DC doesnt stump up the other 20%

Probably because they are sick of him after everything he has done.