BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

42 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Yes, that’s one of many things I don’t get. So according to some on here, the players haven’t been paid for “ months and months”, and yet an offer for them to be paid £2500 towards the missing wages has been refused?

1) It's not 'according to some on here' that the players havent' recieved their wages for months - it's in the press

2) The £2500 does NOT go towards the missing wages whatsoever, at all, in any way shape or form

Apart from those two points the rest of your post was ok

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Doesn’t there come a point on here where all the relentless whining on here, on subjects where no one has any control over, becomes utterly pointless? Just buy a ticket, enjoy the football where you can and worry about more important stuff. 

Like a bunch of old women. Honestly don’t know how some of you lot manage to get trying the day ffs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1) It's not 'according to some on here' that the players havent' recieved their wages for months - it's in the press

2) The £2500 does NOT go towards the missing wages whatsoever, at all, in any way shape or form

Apart from those two points the rest of your post was ok

lol

Ok. Fair enough. I don’t read the U.K. press anymore due to not being in the U.K. So I rely on this site for my information. So when was the last time they were paid?

i also obviously don’t understand furlough for the same reason. My understanding was the government paid a percentage of wages to help business through the pandemic? 

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Ok. Fair enough. I don’t read the U.K. press anymore due to not being in the U.K. So I rely on this site for my information. So when was the last time they were paid?

i also obviously don’t understand furlough for the same reason. My understanding was the government paid a percentage of wages to help business through the pandemic? 

Properly, I guess it was February, still not paid in full for March, April, May. Previously when they weren't paid properly it was reported they were paid 7k with the rest to follow on at some undetermined point after

For furlough Government pays upto a max of 2.5k a month, with the club having to top up the remaining. A drop in ocean obviously if a player is on 25k a week

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

Doesn’t there come a point on here where all the relentless whining on here, on subjects where no one has any control over, becomes utterly pointless? Just buy a ticket, enjoy the football where you can and worry about more important stuff. 

Like a bunch of old women. Honestly don’t know how some of you lot manage to get trying the day ffs. 

I don’t think you’ve quite grasped the idea of a forum. If you don’t like people talking about what’s going on at the club, I suggest following the Wednesday Sing on Facebook instead.

lol

• Haha 4

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

He seems to have an issue with posters who critisise Chansiri. 

There's a few like that. Quite a few who post about very little else too.

Funny that 🤔

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure why people are trying to make out it's a competition between clubs

It's not

It's a dilemma about a billionaire wanting to come to the UK taxpayer to bail him out of a financial mess he's created himself, being rejected by players who he hasn't been paying properly for months and months and months, time after time after time

Nothing at all to do with what any other club is doing

Just like many other billionaire owners of companies that have claimed government/taxpayers money to furlough staff.

Such as Tim Martin owner of Wetherspoons. They claimed between £25M and £50M furlough money just in the 3 months Dec. to Feb.

Ladbrokes who claimed £55M in the same period despite having a bumper year through online gambling.

Other companies such as British Airways, Easyjet, Primark, Whitbread, Dixon's.

Then there's the billionaire Saudi princes, and members of the Dubai royal family, all had furlough money out of the British taxpayer for their UK companies.

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Just like many other billionaire owners of companies that have claimed government/taxpayers money to furlough staff.

Such as Tim Martin owner of Wetherspoons. They claimed between £25M and £50M furlough money just in the 3 months Dec. to Feb.

Ladbrokes who claimed £55M in the same period despite having a bumper year through online gambling.

Other companies such as British Airways, Easyjet, Primark, Whitbread, Dixon's.

Then there's the billionaire Saudi princes, and members of the Dubai royal family, all had furlough money out of the British taxpayer for their UK companies.

Personally I don’t have a problem with those companies doing it. The scheme is designed to protect jobs during a pandemic. 

For example, with Ladbrokes, if the furlough scheme wasn’t there, they may have had a bumper year because of their  online business, but from their perspective they would be better off laying off all those staff who work in their shops. The scheme helps those people to stay in employment until normality resumes.

Likewise with football clubs, claiming furlough for shop staff, turnstile operators, stewards etc is the same as that. It protects their jobs when otherwise from a purely business perspective it would make sense to lay them off. So the fact that football clubs have money from other sources is kind of irrelevant I think. 

However, furloughing your players because they’re on their summer break is abuse of the system I think, and different to the other examples because there’s no protection of jobs achieved by doing it.

I used to get wound up about EVERYTHING. Nowadays I just accept the club is a basket case and go fishing to chill out.

Sheffield Wednesday used to be one of the main things going on in my life, now I fit watching Wednesday in around other priorities.

• Like 1