BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

Nonsense.

Did we not tread water when DA left and did we almost go under?

Could the same not happen again should DC walk?

Hope you’ve still got ya boots handy Jim, you could be leading the line in a couple of months.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

For sure, my level of contempt towards him literally cannot be described.

Contempt? That’s a wee bit strong, isn’t it.

All I said is DA eventually went after a long struggle with the fan base and perhaps his own board members?

Some fans want Chansiri out. I get that. I’m not happy with the way we’ve been run but if he leaves what happens then.

I apologise if I’ve upset OT contributors with my post but I am just asking the question, we force Chansiri Out then what?

It’s a fair question surely?

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Furlough pays max of 2 grand a month doesn't it? Or is that wrong? Know its not unlimited

yeah its £2500 a month... most of our players are on 40 grand a month (and the rest in some cases) so it makes zero sense 

Guest gizowl
5 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

This article doesn't make any sense to me, given the situation we are in, why would any of the players be "stunned" about furlough, and why would they say no, considering they never get their wages? Least now they will get 80% even if DC doesnt stump up the other 20%

I thought that was up to a maximum of 3k though. 

Just now, gizowl said:

I thought that was up to a maximum of 3k though. 

Might be, but I mean most of the 35k players are gone now, and 3 k is better than nothing even if DC fails with the rest of their wages. Either way I'm still not sure why they are "stunned" given the fact they havent been payed properly in months.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

These "wealthy" young men havnt been paid for THREE months 

Hate to be that pedant, but not being paid on time for three months is not the same as not being paid for three months.

Both are bad of course.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Does DC top up the remaining 20% up to £3,000 not cover the other £100,000 a month for Bannan, Westwood, Reach, or £125,000 for Rhodes. He would too up £500 a player a month, on our wage bill he would be saving millions each month.

He's the prat that did not loan out Rhodes in January when offers came in that would have saved him North of £500,000.

For me he get what he deserves, if he cannot pay the players they can hold him in breach of contract and the 12 players we have leftfield move with freedom of contract.

Lower your asking price to £1, DC, then get lost before we have no club left to save.

Can’t agree more with this 

Mans refused players to leave stock piled expense turd and now wants to claim a fraction of the wages makes no sense at all 

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Hate to be that pedant, but not being paid on time for three months is not the same as not being paid for three months.

Both are bad of course.

Have they been paid then for the ones from 2 months ago?

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

861D74D0-DE63-4D86-B342-42178A553238.jpeg

CB6DB178-68A5-4A83-A9B5-12F7653519A7.jpeg

But it must save literally 5% of the wage bill, and in exchange the players can't train or work.. so can only do that for one month before pre season. So it basically saves about 0.5% of the annual wage bill if they all took it for June. Doesn't do anything does it apart from mean the taxpayer is putting a bit in Chansiris pocket

I can understand furloughing the players on less than 2500 a month, and I can understand League One/Two teams with squads earning less than 5k a month doing it.

I can’t understand a club like us doing it for senior players atall. The saving is an absolute drop in the ocean. 

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

Might be, but I mean most of the 35k players are gone now, and 3 k is better than nothing even if DC fails with the rest of their wages. Either way I'm still not sure why they are "stunned" given the fact they havent been payed properly in months.

Who knows mate but it sure doesn't look good, recruitment for next season is fooooked before it starts. If attendances are capped around 5 or 6 thousand it won't cover anything because most of those with first entitlement to attend have already paid for the long term season tickets. I fear administration is inevitable unless he gets a investor in which case the sooner administration happens the better, he'll be gone and the sorry mess we are in will get sorted.