BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

8 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I can understand furloughing the players on less than 2500 a month, and I can understand League One/Two teams with squads earning less than 5k a month doing it.

I can’t understand a club like us doing it for senior players atall. The saving is an absolute drop in the ocean. 

I think the problem is the ocean is now the size of a puddle.

11 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

So SWFC were trying to save £2500 on each players salary, the players would still receive the same amount.

I don't see why they wouldn't agree to be honest.

Only one reason for it - they don’t wanna do it for this chairman 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, Jim said:

Contempt? That’s a wee bit strong, isn’t it.

All I said is DA eventually went after a long struggle with the fan base and perhaps his own board members?

Some fans want Chansiri out. I get that. I’m not happy with the way we’ve been run but if he leaves what happens then.

I apologise if I’ve upset OT contributors with my post but I am just asking the question, we force Chansiri Out then what?

It’s a fair question surely?

It is a fair question 

Dave Allen wasn’t forced out by fans though Jim 

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Who knows mate but it sure doesn't look good, recruitment for next season is fooooked before it starts. If attendances are capped around 5 or 6 thousand it won't cover anything because most of those with first entitlement to attend have already paid for the long term season tickets. I fear administration is inevitable unless he gets a investor in which case the sooner administration happens the better, he'll be gone and the sorry mess we are in will get sorted. 

Unless his he does a pre pack and ends up with the club after admin.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Only one reason for it - they don’t wanna do it for this chairman 

Also, like people in ‘normal job’ found out, you aren’t guaranteed to receive the top up and you have not control over whether you come off it.

Theoretically you could furlough all your players then leave all your top earners on it, and pull the top up. Letting them rot at home, unable to train or move clubs.

• Thanks 1

Totally disillusioned with this club and as a result it’s hard work on here.

I totally get that many fans are upset and angry with DC. Some are owed refunds at a difficult time for many financially, so emotions are understandably high?

I try to see both sides of the story where I can as there always are.

I put my views out there like most on here some are accepted, some aren’t.

I’ve always understood that opinions vary and we won’t always agree. When it comes to SWFC, how can we, it’s an emotional business, we all care.

I just can’t be bothered anymore arguing the To$$ and being judged because I might have a different opinion to someone else. I’ve never had a go at someone who disagrees with me but that contempt post tonight, did it for me.

I’m going to enjoy the Euros and hope in a couple of months time DM has been able to do enough in the market to at least make us competitive and hopefully the mood on here will be lighter and brighter?

Ta ta I’m off for a bit of Friday Night Dinner 👋👋👋

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jim said:

Totally disillusioned with this club and as a result it’s hard work on here.

I totally get that many fans are upset and angry with DC. Some are owed refunds at a difficult time for many financially, so emotions are understandably high?

I try to see both sides of the story where I can as there always are.

I put my views out there like most on here some are accepted, some aren’t.

I’ve always understood that opinions vary and we won’t always agree. When it comes to SWFC, how can we, it’s an emotional business, we all care.

I just can’t be bothered anymore arguing the To$$ and being judged because I might have a different opinion to someone else. I’ve never had a go at someone who disagrees with me but that contempt post tonight, did it for me.

I’m going to enjoy the Euros and hope in a couple of months time DM has been able to do enough in the market to at least make us competitive and hopefully the mood on here will be lighter and brighter?

Ta ta I’m off for a bit of Friday Night Dinner 👋👋👋

Not sure why you’re splitting the dummy out - nobody has had a pop at you

Owlstalk Shop