BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Mate you've gone full fan blaming there. Some fans just want to turn up and watch 11 lads kick a football around for 90 mins and not get involved with this ugly side.

Of course one impacts the other, however, If they don't want to get involved, then that's up to them.

They arnt apologists, or validating DC and the certainly arnt any less as a fan.

It's just not there bag and for me, thats all mellow.

Those people aren't defending Chansiri. He's referring to anyone defending the chairman or poking at people that haven't got their heads in the sand. 

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

If anyone still defends this then you actively want the club to die. You selfish customers.

**** off with your Chansiri FC shirts. You are not Sheffield Wednesday fans. You support this. 

flipping fuming at what we've become. 

Which is why i said the fans loyalty is actually working against the best interests of 'our' Club....while ever fans keep rocking up in numbers and paying ridiculous admission prices,nothing will change

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Those people aren't defending Chansiri. He's referring to anyone defending the chairman or poking at people that haven't got their heads in the sand. 

Some people have no interest in that side of things.

Does that make them less of a fan? Or fan blaming.

3 hours ago, Guest Rodger said:

Modern "professionals" for you. 

You'd think these wealthy young men would be too ashamed to kick up a stink, in the face of cut costing et al thanks to us now having to compete at a lower level which thanks in no small part to their utter ineptitude and spineless showings... 

I feel sorry for DC here as he's clearly trying to do right by the club. 

We need this swap drained and DC is just the man to do it. 

ICWT. 

WTF

This us surely a wind up from a porkular guest 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Some people have no interest in that side of things.

Does that make them less of a fan? Or fan blaming.

Very true they certainly don't have to have any interest in the other side of things, just the fact they can turn up at Hillsborough to watch their beloved SWFC is enough for them and certainly makes them as much a fan just as the next person.

Only problem is there is a very high risk that past time they enjoy will be coming to an end.

• Like 3

Those saying the players should accept furlough: they’ve had issues with their pay for a while now, can’t be surprised if they distrust/ won’t help DC.

As for the potential end game. I genuinely fear being locked out of the ground, further points deductions and real difficulty recruiting anyone half decent (needed now more than ever).

I had a few laughing reactions when I passed on that admin / shop staff are still behind with pay and believe that the tap has been turned off to DC. 

Starting to wish we had gone into admin in 2001 (although shafting local businesses would not sit right).

• Like 1

Doesn't matter how ridiculous this situation gets. There are still too many supporters willing to turn up and part with their money and line the pockets of this inept clown in a bid to retain their TrueFan status...

BOYCOTT THE CLUB.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, owls66 said:

Doesn't matter how ridiculous this situation gets. There are still too many supporters willing to turn up and part with their money and line the pockets of this inept clown in a bid to retain their TrueFan status...

BOYCOTT THE CLUB.

Could you give up on a family member going through bad times, even if it was their own doing?

Football is about loyalty - I cannot give up on SWFC.  

No matter what.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It might do for some people when the poo hits the fan. Sorry but it's the truth. 

Correct.

“I just want to watch the football” is fine, but your ability to simply do that is why others are fuming.

If you ignore what they’re angry about, you’ll lose what you want anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, owls66 said:

BOYCOTT THE CLUB.

I suspect anyone going next year has already bought a season ticket (15 months ago). Not going would maybe make a statement but probably only affect money through lack of match day spending 

4 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Correct.

“I just want to watch the football” is fine, but your ability to simply do that is why others are fuming.

If you ignore what they’re angry about, you’ll lose what you want anyway.

This is more nuanced than pro/anti Chansiri.

How you feel about something you love when you're powerless is not binary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owlinexile said:

I bet those 'other clubs' are Derby.

Im sure Derby are, along with Birmingham and several others.....but here’s another one from yesterday that I would think will be reading the small print of how to make savings before the start of the season

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-bet365-stadium-sale-5466095

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

This is more nuanced than pro/anti Chansiri.

How you feel about something you love when you're powerless is not binary.

Everybody on this forum is bound by the same common interest and desire. A love of Sheffield Wednesday and the best interests of the football club.

Unfortunately, the overwhelming evidence is that being pro-Chansiri is no longer compatible. It can’t be. There isn’t a defence left in favour of Chansiri or under the context of what’s best for SWFC.

Like i said in another thread, DC represents a challenge to what SWFC even is to us or what that love looks like. If it’s the material things like the badge (that he’s changed), the kit (that he’s toyed around with) or the stadium (that he’s plastered his name allover), then people need to start coming to terms with losing it. Those things are his now, to be handed to his son. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Very true they certainly don't have to have any interest in the other side of things, just the fact they can turn up at Hillsborough to watch their beloved SWFC is enough for them and certainly makes them as much a fan just as the next person.

Only problem is there is a very high risk that past time they enjoy will be coming to an end.

I dont blame any fan,but people take it so personally if you express the view that continuing to support the Club at this time,can be seen as a defacto support for the current regime  and lead to more of the same...

• Like 1