BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Under this clowns stewardship we just stagger from one mess to the next.

He’s not getting another penny of my money, as far as I’m concerned he can go f**k himself.

I’m done.

That’ll solve all our cash flow problems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Without wanting to go too deep into macroeconomics, tax revenues are not mine or yours, they belong to the government. And furlough has been paid for by printing money plus borrowing, not tax revenues.

You don't need macroeconomics to understand where the treasury derives it's income.

Which is the actual point he's making.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

The chairman has no choice but to sell the club at this point, for whatever he can get.  His race is run 

Don't forget that apparently not that many people want him to leave. Everyone is overreacting and everything is fine. We are a well run club. FFP has just been hard on us. Chansiri would use his money if he was allowed to. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

So SWFC were trying to save £2500 on each players salary, the players would still receive the same amount.

I don't see why they wouldn't agree to be honest.

Few potential reasons I suppose:

- Antipathy towards DC

- Point of principle re. use of taxpayer money (unlikely, I'll admit)

- They're so sick of wage payments being missed that some are now actively trying to reach the point where they can walk as free agents due to breach of contract on the part of the club.

Don't know about anyone else but the third one seems pretty plausible to me. 

• Like 2

It’s been said we ain’t bottomed out yet...the good ship Wednesday sails on through even choppier waters as each day goes by and the captain is nowhere to be seen ? The crew are bailing one by one and the rest are being asked to share lifejackets ! You think it can’t get worse then boom something else raises its ugly head . Dread to think where we will be as a club when this comes to an end 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Few potential reasons I suppose:

- Antipathy towards DC

- Point of principle re. use of taxpayer money (unlikely, I'll admit)

- They're so sick of wage payments being missed that some are now actively trying to reach the point where they can walk as free agents due to breach of contract on the part of the club.

Don't know about anyone else but the third one seems pretty plausible to me. 

Your third point is excellent.

It could well be that players have advanced cases against the club which could be thwarted by furlough payment.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Without wanting to go too deep into macroeconomics, tax revenues are not mine or yours, they belong to the government. And furlough has been paid for by printing money plus borrowing, not tax revenues.

I wouldnt go into anything but stopping patronizing if i were you.....what a silly statement,stop trying to make yourself look intelligent...who exactly do you imagine PAYS said 'tax revenues' into the coffers???? 

Everyone pays tax,including the unemployed(VAT) etc..I for one dont think tax revenue should be used in the way i said...if you disagree fine,but save the lectures...

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Still there’s people who support this regime. People who shouted me down for starting a ‘negative’ thread the other day.

Chansiri supporters you are no longer SWFC fans in my book. 

You need shouting down at times.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shetland Owl said:

we are going down the drain, nobody will sign for us now

Bannan..Iorfa..Borner.. Hutchinson.. Dunkley..

We can still put a nice little team together with the lads coming through as well.

Probably do well in division 3.