BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wonder if the players would actually go on strike if they keep not getting their wages?

After a certain time they will be legally entitled to walk away as free agents. 

• Like 4

I jested when I said contracts will be declared void and what players are left entitled to walk out and sign for other clubs as free agents. Looking like this could become reality.

We’re not talking about points deductions here, we’re talking full fat kicking out of the league and the full winding up of one of the oldest clubs in English football.

I was worried before but now I’m coming to the realisation that we’re done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It’s the days of DA all over again. Some won’t be happy until they’ve chased DC out of town. If they succeed then what happens next? I remember when DA went, we were treading water for ages until we almost went under. If the same thing happens again, I fear we won’t be so lucky this time?

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

It’s the days of DA all over again. Some won’t be happy until they’ve chased DC out of town. If they succeed then what happens next? I remember when DA went, we were treading water for ages until we almost went under. If the same thing happens again, I fear we won’t be so lucky this time?

WTF? 

lol

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I dont' even know where to begin with this nonsense Jim

Nonsense.

Did we not tread water when DA left and did we almost go under?

Could the same not happen again should DC walk?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Supervisor2 said:

According to the original first report in the Telegraph, that the Yorkshire Live have taken certain extracts from, there are other clubs in the EFL that are looking at doing the same. If this loop hole to save money is available during the close season why shouldn’t we do the same, as I think there will be many clubs in the bottom three divisions that will be now struggling with finances after a season of limited income and looking at anyway possible to make savings before the season

I agree though that things don’t look good at the moment but till we hear official statements from the club and not relying on hearsay or selective reporting, let’s keep the faith with our club to do the right things

WAWAW

Official statement from club.....

Good luck with that

• Like 2

This article doesn't make any sense to me, given the situation we are in, why would any of the players be "stunned" about furlough, and why would they say no, considering they never get their wages? Least now they will get 80% even if DC doesnt stump up the other 20%

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

It gets to the point where the alternative to DC quite literally couldn't be worse.

Chansiri is taking us out of existence.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Nonsense.

Did we not tread water when DA left and did we almost go under?

Could the same not happen again should DC walk?

If DC doesn't leave we WILL go under.  And maybe never come up again.

That's how bad he is.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

This article doesn't make any sense to me, given the situation we are in, why would any of the players be "stunned" about furlough, and why would they say no, considering they never get their wages? Least now they will get 80% even if DC doesnt stump up the other 20%

Furlough pays max of 2 grand a month doesn't it? Or is that wrong? Know its not unlimited