Euro 2021

Going to a convention on cardiac issues in football with Fabrice Muamba as a keynote speaker reliving those dreadful minutes and hours when he was "dead" and the care and attention he received was very humbling

Also the information and debate that came about which was the commencement of much more thorough training for football Dr's and physio's has made a UK football stadium one of the safest places to have the misfortune to suffer a cardiac issue - outside of a hospital!

Anyway - Fabrice...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Was enjoying the match last night until I started dozing off on the sofa. Tiring weekend etc. At 2 nil and the Dutch cruising I thought I'd turn it in for the night and get some kip, proper early night to charge my battery for the week. Went upstairs to commence my oblutions(sp?) and suddenly it's 2 2 and the best game of the tournament. By the time I'd gone back downstairs it was 3 2 and I'd missed 3 goals. Ridiculous how quickly a game can change. 

Scotland’s record v the Czechs at Hampden = P7 W6 D1 L0. 

We beat the Czechs home and away in the recent Nations League matches.

We’ve also never lost to Croatia. Ever.

P5 W2 D3 L0 is our record against them with 1 win and 2 draws in the games at Hampden. 

Scotland won our last 2 encounters home and away against Croatia in World Cup qualifying.

I appreciate with Croatia it’s a different team now, and tournament football is different to qualifying too, but with two home games I’m feeling positive. We don’t lose many games at Hampden. 

I hope we can do it today 

12 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Scotland’s record v the Czechs at Hampden = P7 W6 D1 L0. 

We beat the Czechs home and away in the recent Nations League matches.

We’ve also never lost to Croatia. Ever.

P5 W2 D3 L0 is our record against them with 1 win and 2 draws in the games at Hampden. 

Scotland won our last 2 encounters home and away against Croatia in World Cup qualifying.

I appreciate with Croatia it’s a different team now, and tournament football is different to qualifying too, but with two home games I’m feeling positive. We don’t lose many games at Hampden. 

I hope we can do it today 

Just grabbing 4 points from 3 games should see anyone through. Possibly 3 and an ok GD. No reason why they can't do it. Especially with home advantage aswell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

4-0 to Czech’s hopefully. 

Yes, then they’d probably have to play for a win against us on Friday. That would then hopefully leave the Scots more vulnerable to us if we decided to play in a more attacking manner, which I hope we will do. No reason why we shouldn’t.

• Like 1