Euro 2021

14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why do you say that?

After his clash of heads with Vida, older player came to him and offered his hand, Bellingham just turned and walked away. 

4 minutes ago, malek said:

After his clash of heads with Vida, older player came to him and offered his hand, Bellingham just turned and walked away. 

Perhaps Bellingham thought the Croat defender shouldn't have headed him in the back of the head? It did seem accidental but playing the game, in the heat of the moment it might not seem like that so maybe that's why he refused a handshake.

Bit harsh to label him an arrogant fool on the basis of that moment.  

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Perhaps Bellingham thought the Croat defender shouldn't have headed him in the back of the head? It did seem accidental but playing the game, in the heat of the moment it might not seem like that so maybe that's why he refused a handshake.

Bit harsh to label him an arrogant fool on the basis of that moment.  

It was clash of heads and it wont be last in his hopefully long career. Will he every time react like this?! If he do, And make no mistake, his reaction was arrogant especially coming from someone who is just starting in the game. 

I hate to see it, especially from players I like.

14 minutes ago, malek said:

So what ?

Maybe he didn’t appreciate being nutted ?

And usually the handshake offer is for the referees benefit 

He is not 18 and you are on his case already 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, malek said:

It was clash of heads and it wont be last in his hopefully long career. Will he every time react like this?! If he do, And make no mistake, his reaction was arrogant especially coming from someone who is just starting in the game. 

I hate to see it, especially from players I like.

He has had a great season in Germany and many reports coming from over there suggest he has acted very humbly and seems well-rounded for someone for whom so much has come at such a young age.

Yet you choose to judge him on how he reacted in the heat of the moment having took a blow to the back of the head on his competitive international debut. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

He has had a great season in Germany and many reports coming from over there suggest he has acted very humbly and seems well-rounded for someone for whom so much has come at such a young age.

Yet you choose to judge him on how he reacted in the heat of the moment having took a blow to the back of the head on his competitive international debut. 

Just something I hate to see and so I called it. Certainly not "getting on his case" as some said. 

Still good to hear about his behaviour in German. I appreciate that it may be one off in a heat of the moment and that my own reaction was over the top. 

Thanks for civila replay. 

5 minutes ago, malek said:

Just something I hate to see and so I called it. Certainly not "getting on his case" as some said. 

Still good to hear about his behaviour in German. I appreciate that it may be one off in a heat of the moment and that my own reaction was over the top. 

Thanks for civila replay. 

Fair enough, you can't be too surprised some say you are 'getting on his case' when you label him 'an arrogant fool' based on that one incident though.

I can see how you might have said he reacted arrogantly but to say he is an arrogant fool based on this alone as I said, seems harsh. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair enough, you can't be too surprised some say you are 'getting on his case' when you label him 'an arrogant fool' based on that one incident though.

I can see how you might have said he reacted arrogantly but to say he is an arrogant fool based on this alone as I said, seems harsh. 

I guess that, losing the game, playing cr*p, having our anthem booed all built up and I over reacted. Cheers. 

• Like 3

Just now, malek said:

I guess that, losing the game, playing cr*p, having our anthem booed all built up and I over reacted. Cheers. 

Always find it a bit embarrassing when we boo the opposition national anthem, complete lack of respect that if anything, probably only serves to give them more resolve to battle against us. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Always find it a bit embarrassing when we boo the opposition national anthem, complete lack of respect that if anything, probably only serves to give them more resolve to battle against us. 

Our fans can be embarassing at times as well, can't stand it as it goes against my character, never in my life booed a player, opposite or my own. Even tend to clap at opposition. 

Just now, malek said:

Our fans can be embarassing at times as well, can't stand it as it goes against my character, never in my life booed a player, opposite or my own. Even tend to clap at opposition. 

Have you always live in Croatia, if you don't mind me asking, how did you end up with the affliction of following Wednesday? 

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I am amazed pandev is still playing, what a blast from the past

20 years since his international debut, some achievement to still be scoring at this level.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Happy now?

Or do you think a deserved 1-0 win against the side that finished runners up in the last World Cup is not good enough?

Fully deserved victory but hardly anything to write home about is it?

We struggled to break down a team with absolutely no desire to win the game of football. Using the World Cup runner up mantra is borderline pathetic. Croatia have won just 2 of their last 10 games, they’re nowhere near the force of old. 

All in all it’s a solid start, a good foundation to build from but, I maintain what I said, the team selection could have massively backfired. Trippier at left back was just a mind-blowingly poor selection.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

We struggled to break down a team with absolutely no desire to win the game of football. Using the World Cup runner up mantra is borderline pathetic. Croatia have won just 2 of their last 10 games, they’re nowhere near the force of old. 

All in all it’s a solid start, a good foundation to build from but, I maintain what I said, the team selection could have massively backfired. Trippier at left back was just a mind-blowingly poor selection.  

Borderline pathetic is slating the manager and his choices before kick off.

Happy it was Southgate making the choices rather than you leaving out the match winner Sterling and the man of the match Phillips. 

10 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

any more negatives? its the way you look at it. people arnt as stupid.as you think. its a good start and nothing more.