Euro 2021

6 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Well, if it makes athletes more susceptible to coronary problems that would be seismic.

There was some initial evidence of effects on the other body systems outlasting the acute effects of the illness

I was on a conference with the medical director of the Lawn tennis Association and she had done quite a bit of research into this and had put in place extra mandatory stringent cardiac tests for any player who had recovered from covid

If he hasn't had covid then it's moot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fudge27 said:

And some people have no understanding that life is more then football, a team mate and good friend dropped in front of them and had to be brought back to life on the pitch. 

How will the game be fairly played with those players involved so soon after? 

Jeez thats a lot of presuming on your part.  No idea why the angry response.  Spose thats the internet nowadays.

If you read my previous post my suggestion was to halt all games until today, assess the situation and then make a decision. Even then I was asked to explain my post.  So please chill with the not understanding about l how important about life.  I know ill tell you.

3 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Quotes from the denmark manager on the bbc

Given two choices to play, couldn't face playing tomorrow, not sure they were in the right frame of mind to play,

but yea they wanted to play 

We were going by the info. at the time.  Over reactive pratt.

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

"the kitman and fitness coach are in isolation too, no other players were deemed to be in enough close contact with cancelo" be one of them

I find that almost impossible to believe. Not close to any of the other players he’s been training with and sharing dressing rooms with? BS

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Cancelo tests positive for Covid...surely all Portuguese squad have to isolate then?

I can’t believe all the players in this tournament haven’t been fully vaccinated yet, or are they perhaps testing positive despite being vaccinated? 

22 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

We were going by the info. at the time.  Over reactive pratt.

Going by it and using snide remarks. One pratt here and its you. Moving on, 

Starting to feel excited for England, hopefully Southgate doesn't bottle his selection

19 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I find that almost impossible to believe. Not close to any of the other players he’s been training with and sharing dressing rooms with? BS

Yes it was my joke but based on previous positive tests it was as though the players had minimal contact with other players like Fleck and Scotland

8 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I can’t believe all the players in this tournament haven’t been fully vaccinated yet, or are they perhaps testing positive despite being vaccinated? 

Can you get the vaccine privately? 

5 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Going by it and using snide remarks. One pratt here and its you. Moving on, 

Starting to feel excited for England, hopefully Southgate doesn't bottle his selection

ok im glad we move on...ive not heard of the state of ericksons health yet. And im interested to find out.

Big game today. Back to football.

1 hour ago, mildatheart67 said:

Christian Eriksen: Global feed broadcast director explains decision-making behind footage of Denmark player's collapse

https://flip.it/8vsIK3

Doesn't really explain why they managed to focus on Eriksen's wife at such a traumatic time for her, which nothing can really justify. 

As the statement says at the end though, the important thing is that Eriksen seems to be OK, at least as much as can be expected at this stage. In terms of how it was broadcast, lessons can be learned, while there may be some guidance on what should be done in these situations it is a rare occurrence and must be difficult to know what is best in the heat of the moment. I'm sure nobody involved took decisions based on morbid fascination or for means of ratings and they will review what happened and consider what is best for the future.