Euro 2021

2 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Scotland’s record v the Czechs at Hampden = P7 W6 D1 L0. 

We beat the Czechs home and away in the recent Nations League matches.

We’ve also never lost to Croatia. Ever.

P5 W2 D3 L0 is our record against them with 1 win and 2 draws in the games at Hampden. 

Scotland won our last 2 encounters home and away against Croatia in World Cup qualifying.

I appreciate with Croatia it’s a different team now, and tournament football is different to qualifying too, but with two home games I’m feeling positive. We don’t lose many games at Hampden. 

I hope we can do it today 

Probably in the minority of English fans but I want Scotland to do well other than when they play us. 

Of course when things are going badly for you I'll take the p*ss as much as anyone else as I'm sure you'd reciprocate and my well wishes could probably be viewed as a bit patronising but anyway, good luck! 

11 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Why the fizz are Czech Republic in their change strip. Was the same with Italy the other night. I know it's not important but it bugs me. Hope we're not playing in that crappy blue shirt when we're the away team against Czech Republic. 

Yea, Italy, at home, first match in a Tournament, against a team wearing red.....wear white?!

11 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Just seen Pattersons on t' bench.

No Palmer though which is a shame.

Patterson might be on the bench but our Paterson ain't even in the squad, nor is Palmer. 

Following the remark about 20mins into this match that this lot have the chance of becoming the greatest Scottish team in history, Scots have forfeited the right to complain about the ludicrous hyperbolic over-optimism of English commentators for at least the remainder of this tournament.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, owlinexile said:

Following the remark about 20mins into this match that this lot have the chance of becoming the greatest Scottish team in history, Scots have forfeited the right to complain about the ludicrous hyperbolic over-optimism of English commentators for at least the remainder of this tournament.

I was think this, you'd think they were playing like Italy and Belgium. They've had one good chance, Czechs had a couple.

Think we’ve actually played alright. O’Donnell was too slow getting out to his man for the goal but otherwise we’ve been fine. Think Robertson should have went across the keeper as well with the shot.

We really need to not get beat. A draw is fine as long as we win another game.