Euro 2021

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

True.

With the wealth of attacking talent that Southgate is so reluctant to employ, England really shouldn't have much trouble against this Czech side.

Bet it's a 0-0 draw.

This is our main issue. We dont play to our strengths. Unlimited attacking options but we'll pick a side focused on not conceding. 

What a goal that was.

Bar an error, I've got to imagine getting lobbed from miles out is just about the worst thing that can happen to a keeper.

You just look like a muppet as the things goes flying over your head and you are floundering about trying to stop it.

2 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

This is our main issue. We dont play to our strengths. Unlimited attacking options but we'll pick a side focused on not conceding. 

I would be happy not to concede the whole tournament 

2 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

We were attacking enough against the best other side in the group, we will break both of these sides down. 

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Both teams look like they could be opened up with ease with a bit of quality.

Saying that, I expect both saw this as the best opportunity to win a game in this group and they are likely to play more defensively against us and Croatia, though Scotland won't have that luxury if they don't turn this around.

The Czech right back is a good player but the other 3 are shocker s 

Oh well, back to avidly supporting whoever England are playing now that the reality has sunk in that they're not good enough and are only at the Euros because of the sympathy qualification and not, as you'd have thought from the way they've been banging on about qualifying, on merit. 

(yes I'm aware that this comment could massively backfire on Friday! But I doubt it)

4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

17 Czech fans out singing the famous Hampden roar. 😂

They seemed a bit subdued even when it was 0-0, certainly not the same kind of backing England got yesterday. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

They seemed a bit subdued even when it was 0-0, certainly not the same kind of backing England got yesterday. 

nervous tension.....and a dose of reality.

this is hard on scottish football.

theyre going to be rabid next friday