Euro 2021

2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

That's Scotland out. Even if they play out of their skins against us as the home nations tend to, theyd then need a draw against Croatia too. 

If Scotland get 4 points or more from us and Croatia they will deserve to get through but if they do it will be due to really poor performances from us and the Croats because Scotland have around 3 or 4 decent PL standard players and the rest are average Championship stuff. 

Thought Scotland played well, created enough chances to win the game.  Czech's scored 2 goals out of nothing and their keeper played a blinder.

They have nobody prolific in front of goal these days - they rely too heavily on their midfield to create something.  Losing Tierney was huge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will see a difference on Friday

We can't get complacent

They'll bring some fire and intensity and we'll have to match it

As the old coaching cliché goes - earn the right...

Technically it's not a contest - we have much better technical players

Football often chucks those rules out of the window.

If we're up for it and match them physically then we'll be OK. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If Scotland get 4 points or more from us and Croatia they will deserve to get through but if they do it will be due to really poor performances from us and the Croats because Scotland have around 3 or 4 decent PL standard players and the rest are average Championship stuff. 

Scotland & the CR will beat Croatia - they were terrible yesterday.  Apart from Modric (old man now) they showed absolutely nothing

10 minutes ago, SPQR-10 said:

Thought Scotland played well, created enough chances to win the game.  Czech's scored 2 goals out of nothing and their keeper played a blinder.

They have nobody prolific in front of goal these days - they rely too heavily on their midfield to create something.  Losing Tierney was huge

I like your avatar & the motto of Rome. How many Turkish fans were given tickets for the opening game last Friday, do you know? There's a quarter final in Rome on 3rd July & I was wondering how they will allocate tickets. Will there be much interest in it from the locals, as it can't involve Italy?

Again I expected much more urgency from the game and fealt like I was watching friendly game for most of it. 

Guess it was long and hard season and most players can't give their 100% right now. 

Scotland have some decent players capable of playing more tehnical style of football, but they chose to go direct far too often. 

Shame that Gilmoure and Turnbull didn't get to play as they look as couple of their better players. 

11 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Anyone know if the Rawson in hillsborough has been showing the footy?

That pub is bloody anti-football these days.

Ridiculous when you think about it.

No idea why they decided to change a few years back. Yes, it was a Spoons but it was a good place to watch football or if Wednesday were away on Sky.

• Like 1

Yeah, i like the look of Turnball now he's got over those injuries. He must be a better option for them than Armstrong? Apart from Robertson they only had Adams who looked like he offered anything going forward.

Also, if they play three centre backs on Friday we will crucify them. They would have to play narrow and then our full backs (if we pick the right ones) will have a lot of space.

27 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I like your avatar & the motto of Rome. How many Turkish fans were given tickets for the opening game last Friday, do you know? There's a quarter final in Rome on 3rd July & I was wondering how they will allocate tickets. Will there be much interest in it from the locals, as it can't involve Italy?

Not sure how many tickets Turkey got pal - they were obviously outnumbered that's for sure.  I've been to a lot of Roma games at the Olimpico but with international games I'm not sure how they will allocate tickets - especially with COVID regulations.  In regards to local interest - it all depends on who's playing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

Marshall stood out tbf.

A bit too far out like.

garymegson

He was closer to Mount Florida train station than his box. Really poor from Marshall and I wouldn’t have started him.

Not in good form and I’m not just saying that with maroon tinted glasses on but Craig Gordon is a better keeper.

• Like 1