Chuks Aneke is a player who has been put forward to SWFC as a potential summer recruit.

32 minutes ago, Prince said:

His Agent fishes for suitors and posters on here drop a b0llock 😆

We were already informed that our recruitment policy works like this. Recruitment team finds players and puts their names forward to the manager. Problem is that with guy in charge  as clueless as ours is system is very easy to abuse and there is a good chance that club will spend huge money on players that are pi55 poor and have 0 resale value that could leave club in financial troubles and lead to potential relegation and years out in wilderness 🙄

24 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Yes, this is the 'system' that got us into our current predicament.

Managers are the ones that get held accountable if things go wrong.  That's why they should be responsible for deciding which players they want.

I don’t think so. How many modern top clubs have the manager solely responsible for identifying and identifying all the transfers? I bet the manager has a big influence on who they finally go for but it’s not just left to them.

In terms of last season in the championship Brentford and Barnsley certainly don’t. It’s too big a job nowadays for a manager. It’s when you have disruptive or impartial influences in that process or people making the wrong decisions too often it becomes a problem.

Happy if we can sign him but hope we can sign some younger gems too. I hope MacAnthony is right about Moore and Prem loans.

Someone like Ethan Laird at MK Dons on-loan from Man Utd. He'd have been good enough for us at Championship level. Be plenty after him this summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malek said:

We were already informed that our recruitment policy works like this. Recruitment team finds players and puts their names forward to the manager. Problem is that with guy in charge  as clueless as ours is system is very easy to abuse and there is a good chance that club will spend huge money on players that are pi55 poor and have 0 resale value that could leave club in financial troubles and lead to potential relegation and years out in wilderness 🙄

You all know this but still jump when Tommy Fückwit on Twitter posts another made up rumour about who we are supposed to be offering a deal to. I would go as far as to say 98% of the stuff we read about targets is utter rubbish and we have no interest in the players concerned whatsoever. Knicker wetting for the sake of it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I don’t think so. How many modern top clubs have the manager solely responsible for identifying and identifying all the transfers? I bet the manager has a big influence on who they finally go for but it’s not just left to them.

In terms of last season in the championship Brentford and Barnsley certainly don’t. It’s too big a job nowadays for a manager. It’s when you have disruptive or impartial influences in that process or people making the wrong decisions too often it becomes a problem.

Exactly! Works ok when you have a trusted team of analysts and scouts who only interest is doing their job and putting forward players that will make us a better team. Not exactly how it seems to work here is it ! Let’s hope it changes ...I’ll get me coat !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wilyfox said:

It is very oddly worded. Doesn’t scream of Darren Moore chasing the player.

Hopefully any player DM is chasing isn't the subject of Howson's '5 top targets' which just alerts other clubs to look.  Why can't these things just be kept under wraps with a work-in-progress' label for any potential signing.  Will they never learn????

I sometimes wonder if stuff is worded to cause a stir in the fanbase.

I don’t think there will be anything in any of the rumours yet, we haven’t sorted the retained list (which I want to be no more than 1) and Moore and Chansiri have only just discussed the move forward. 

Agents will be touting there players left right and center and this is SWFC we won’t be doing anything in a timely manor. 

I hope Moore gets full control, I can’t see it coz DC does not learn but we won’t know until we get signings through the door and we see whether there seems to be a plan (which would suggest Moore has got control) or if it’s haphazard which suggests more of the same.

Until then the journos have to write summat.

18 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Hardley any clubs give the manager full control of transfers these days. I really don’t know why people can’t grasp that fact. 

It's not a case of grasping the fact, more about thinking it's not a great policy.  Giving the manager a salary and  transfer budget to work to enables him to decide if he values a player enough to pay the amount needed or whether to sell one player to fund the purchase of another. When there are more people involved that gets diluted. OK at a higher level you need a proper recruitment team but at lower levels having the manager in cotrol is still the best way.

The manager doesn't need to do everything in connection with transfers but he needs to pick the players he wants and decide how much thay are worth to him, after that the recruitment team can negotiate the details. Nothing wrong with the recruitment team telling the manager 'player X is available at Y wages and Z fee. The manager then has to say if he wants him or not. I suspect a manager like Moore knows the players at Div 1 level better than the recruitment team, he's also got better contacts at some clubs than they have.

• Like 2

Coming from Doncaster to here from that league and hopefully scouting opponents while he was there is it not so fees able DM wouldn't have suggested him.?? 

Apart from the obvious injury problems if as said he plays behind the centrefold therefore fitting into Dms preffered system. By all accounts even with his injuries he got double figures in that league, so I can't see why we wouldn't look at him. We like our crocks here after all. lol

His minutes per goal is quite extraordinary.

He’s managed a goal every 102 minutes. 

Out of the top 20 goalscorers in L1 he’s got the best minutes per goal.

The next best is Jonson Clarke Harris who averaged a goal every 126 and then Charlie Wyke who averaged a goal every 140. 

Quite remarkable considering he’s not an out an out and out striker. 

On 17/05/2021 at 14:42, NorthernOwl said:

Isn't it pretty common for most clubs to have recruitment teams who will put forward players for the manager to consider?

I think the issue is if that is the only recruitment mechanism in place.

You want the recruitment team to put forward options but you also want the manager to be able to pursue players they are familiar with as well. 

If Moore can only select from a list presented to him and cant also identify his own targets then it obviously becomes a problem.

You'd hope Moore was a central part of the team! Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have been the case with previous managers

On 17/05/2021 at 16:37, S72 Owl said:

Hardley any clubs give the manager full control of transfers these days. I really don’t know why people can’t grasp that fact. 

Pep: I want a striker, I’ve seen this Haaland and he’s decent. Would suit my style perfect and make us even stronger. 

Sheik whatever he’s called: I’ve got this alternative he’s been injured but some random man told me he was good. 

pep: get bent!

Sheik whatever he’s called: ok I’ve sighed you haaland and another winger to provide the ammunition 

Moore: I want this striker, we’re desperate for one, I know he’s good, he would be brilliant for what I want to do this season and would give us a real chance of automatic promotion. 

Chansiri: how about this random bloke that’s got a broken leg but I’ve been told that he’s ok and used to be good he’s just always injured over the hill and passed it. 

Moore: get bent!

Chansiri: I’ve signed this random bloke leg should be healed in 2 years. 

• Haha 2