Chuks Aneke is a player who has been put forward to SWFC as a potential summer recruit.

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

What is the source of this information?

The player's agent?  Some random fan on social media?  

Dom Howson on Twitter. 

Wasn’t it already said that we operater on this principe and it proved catastrophic. It would be tragic to start rebuilding after relegation using system that got us relegated and with squad of expensive but poor players. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Might be Downes & Hughes suggestions. I remember we were linked with Aneke 2yrs ago when Bruce was still here.

37 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Aneke would pose more problems than solutions. Big unit, scores goals at league one level, but struggles with niggling injuries; hence why 3/4 of his Charlton apps were limited to sub. He’s too languid to play as a 9, and doesn’t play-make like a 10 should. Could prove an enigma like Paterson in terms of where to play him to get the most out of him.

And 2 red cards and 11 yellows last season.

I think some people are living in the past.

Manager identifies areas to strengthen. Maybe lists some of his own targets and he may also be asking the recruiting team/analysts to come up with ideas.

Then there will be agents offering players too. To me it’s normal.

As long as the final call on the player is made by the manager and the financial decisions are made by the chairman that is ok. It’s when a player is forced on a manager it is more of an issue, or if we are always on target z listed by the manager with the only other option someone random put forward by an agent.

I don’t know the context of the quote but couldn’t DM put a target forward too?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Might be Downes & Hughes suggestions. I remember we were linked with Aneke 2yrs ago when Bruce was still here.

Yeah we were actually. He looks like he could be a solid signing at this level, not sure if he plays as a striker or more a CAM like paterson was but he’s an absolute unit too.

17 minutes ago, malek said:

Dom Howson on Twitter. 

Wasn’t it already said that we operater on this principe and it proved catastrophic. It would be tragic to start rebuilding after relegation using system that got us relegated and with squad of expensive but poor players. 

But in this case we are presumably targeting someone who isn’t expensive or poor. Or old.

It sounds as if Ipswich and Sunderland will be the ones throwing the money about this summer.

1 hour ago, malek said:

Nice that we got linked with a good player like Anuke, but that isn't my point.

Put forward ?! By whom ? Why can't bloody Moore find players he wants at the club, after all it is him who will work with them every day, try fit them into his style of football and get the best out of them.

Sh*t like this is why we are where we are and it won't change until people in charge for bringing players to the club are not held responsible for results on the pitch.

Awful practice that explains cr*p recruitment in last few years.

How does Moore stop the media linking players to us I'm interested to know

1 hour ago, malek said:

Nice that we got linked with a good player like Anuke, but that isn't my point.

Put forward ?! By whom ? Why can't bloody Moore find players he wants at the club, after all it is him who will work with them every day, try fit them into his style of football and get the best out of them.

Sh*t like this is why we are where we are and it won't change until people in charge for bringing players to the club are not held responsible for results on the pitch.

Awful practice that explains cr*p recruitment in last few years.

Maybe it is Aneke's agent who has put him forward?.

Either way, we will be linked to all and sundry in the coming week's, so done get uptight or lose any sleep.

Nowt will happen until the end of June, and no matter who we sign, they will not be good enough for a small portion of the fan's.

It could be as simple as the players value is lower than what was initially thought or his current club want to get rid so they offer to clubs through his agent that they think maybe interested or could afford 

53 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think some people are living in the past.

Manager identifies areas to strengthen. Maybe lists some of his own targets and he may also be asking the recruiting team/analysts to come up with ideas.

Then there will be agents offering players too. To me it’s normal.

As long as the final call on the player is made by the manager and the financial decisions are made by the chairman that is ok. It’s when a player is forced on a manager it is more of an issue, or if we are always on target z listed by the manager with the only other option someone random put forward by an agent.

I don’t know the context of the quote but couldn’t DM put a target forward too?

Yes, this is the 'system' that got us into our current predicament.

Managers are the ones that get held accountable if things go wrong.  That's why they should be responsible for deciding which players they want.

20 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Yes, this is the 'system' that got us into our current predicament.

Managers are the ones that get held accountable if things go wrong.  That's why they should be responsible for deciding which players they want.

It might have got us into our current predicament, but it’s a system nearly ever club now uses 

We’ve just been crap at it