Chuks Aneke is a player who has been put forward to SWFC as a potential summer recruit.

5 minutes ago, malek said:

Nice that we got linked with a good player like Anuke, but that isn't my point.

Put forward ?! By whom ? Why can't bloody Moore find players he wants at the club, after all it is him who will work with them every day, try fit them into his style of football and get the best out of them.

Sh*t like this is why we are where we are and it won't change until people in charge for bringing players to the club are not held responsible for results on the pitch.

Awful practice that explains cr*p recruitment in last few years.

I wouldn’t get bogged down with the wording, it’s just what the journalist has said and doesn’t necessarily mean that’s what’s actually happened

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Nice that we got linked with a good player like Anuke, but that isn't my point.

Put forward ?! By whom ? Why can't bloody Moore find players he wants at the club, after all it is him who will work with them every day, try fit them into his style of football and get the best out of them.

Sh*t like this is why we are where we are and it won't change until people in charge for bringing players to the club are not held responsible for results on the pitch.

Awful practice that explains cr*p recruitment in last few years.

Paxo.png.e5cb6749268f031283b4b980c024eb02.png.d83714c604704e72f7789246a7a6d86d.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wouldn’t be against it. 15 goals in 38 playing as a 10. Wouldn’t break the bank and weakens a rival. Also suits Moore’s 4231 system. 

But I get the point your making. Surely it should read “Wednesday want Aneke”. Leaves it a little open ended, has an agent offered him? Have our recruitment team put his name forward to Moore? 

Edited by 0114
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Put forward by the players agent or put forward by our advisor? 

I got a feeling that Moore must choose from what recruitment team puts infront of him. 

• Like 7

Guest wilyfox

Aneke would pose more problems than solutions. Big unit, scores goals at league one level, but struggles with niggling injuries; hence why 3/4 of his Charlton apps were limited to sub. He’s too languid to play as a 9, and doesn’t play-make like a 10 should. Could prove an enigma like Paterson in terms of where to play him to get the most out of him.

Just now, malek said:

I got a feeling that Moore must choose from what recruitment team puts infront of him. 

Isn't it pretty common for most clubs to have recruitment teams who will put forward players for the manager to consider?

I think the issue is if that is the only recruitment mechanism in place.

You want the recruitment team to put forward options but you also want the manager to be able to pursue players they are familiar with as well. 

If Moore can only select from a list presented to him and cant also identify his own targets then it obviously becomes a problem.

• Like 3

Or it could be Moore that’s put him forward to the chairman as a player he wants. Now I know that doesn’t fit with the agenda, but why does that wording say the player is being forced on DM rather it being DM that’s telling Chansiri?

• Like 3

It is simply amazing that a piece of "gossip", something that this site is all about, is being picked over word by word because it may fit someone's agenda to knock the Club.

Surely we know that it is the job of agents to find the best employment for their players and, as such, they will have been in touch with several clubs.

It appears that Aneke's current agent is SMI Sports Management International, who also look after Messrs Bannan and Hunt as well as many other footballers (BB being one of the most well-known);  sorry to disappoint, but Mr P is not on their list of employees.

Now, let's all settle back, relax and enjoy the pre-season's activity.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1