Matt Penney

Don't think he'll make the grade here, left back is a position we are short in and he still isn't playing, even when we play 3 at back and wing backs which is probably his best position. Anyone at Villa Park under Jos will be scratching their heads though, i know it was only one game but he was sensational that day....!!!!

• Like 4

Good move for him. Has high hopes when he returned from his loan spell. Not been great although I think that is probably more this club than anything. Hope we read similar things about the majority of the out of contract players leaving ASAP. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

19 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Don't think he'll make the grade here, left back is a position we are short in and he still isn't playing, even when we play 3 at back and wing backs which is probably his best position. Anyone at Villa Park under Jos will be scratching their heads though, i know it was only one game but he was sensational that day....!!!!

I think playing 3 at the back will be done with after this season. Once/If DM can get his own squad and players in we'll see the end of it.

Plus it's amazing how he's not going to make it here when we're in League one but he's been linked with a move to a club who'll still be in this division next season

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Many of these players that leave will be fine at other clubs; its the SWFC culture that is amiss not their ability as players. Just watch how quickly the new players we bring in fall to this standard. Will be interesting to see it given the potential for a wholesale clear out and yet, this time next year, we'll be calling out the players as not caring, having no bottle, etc.

Great post. 

• Like 1

Don’t think its a case of ‘another one bites the dust’... Been sparsely used by most managers since he first came on the scene. He is a championship squad player at best. 

If true then qpr will just be looking for cheap ways to expand their squad, which is inevitable  when you consider the financial strain most clubs are under at the moment. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

Delighted he will be leaving..but I bet you a pound to a Penney it won’t be for another championship club