Matt Penney

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair points but the disjointed unbalanced team and constant change of managers affects all players, though maybe the younger ones more. That said we have played a version of wing-backs or 4 at the back all season. With the make up of the squad you would have thought he would have thought that he would be at least in contention to play regularly on the left, especially given Reach has hardly excelled consistently. Even when Thompson, who will know more about him than anyone, was manager, he couldn't get a game. 

Reach plays ahead of Penney because he's a better footballer, end of story.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Reach plays ahead of Penney because he's a better footballer, end of story.

Have in mind that at Wednesday alone Reach played over 200 games and over half of those were god awful and pure cr˙#p.

We will be able to compare these two when Penney get same support and run of games no matter how poorly he does.

It will never happen as different set of rules applies to home grown young players and those who came to the club brought in by Chansiri's advisers and similar lowlife.

In the end of the day it is not Penney, Hunt, Shaw... who will get us relegated, but Reach and similar carrier underachievers paid much more than this club can afford.

2 minutes ago, malek said:

Have in mind that at Wednesday alone Reach played over 200 games and over half of those were god awful and pure cr˙#p.

We will be able to compare these two when Penney get same support and run of games no matter how poorly he does.

It will never happen as different set of rules applies to home grown young players and those who came to the club brought in by Chansiri's advisers and similar lowlife.

In the end of the day it is not Penney, Hunt, Shaw... who will get us relegated, but Reach and similar carrier underachievers paid much more than this club can afford.

Ok, but I'd still pick Reach over Penney every day of the week.

Doesn't matter how much he gets paid or Chansiri's advisors etc. He's just a better footballer. Penney is not a kid, he's 23 and had a full season abroad playing for Jos.

It hasn't worked out, that's just how it goes, players move on

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Ok, but I'd still pick Reach over Penney every day of the week.

Doesn't matter how much he gets paid or Chansiri's advisors etc. He's just a better footballer. Penney is not a kid, he's 23 and had a full season abroad playing for Jos.

It hasn't worked out, that's just how it goes, players move on

I think you missed my point a bit, but ok.

I certainly don't want Penney to stay with the club as it is in mutual interest to go our separate ways.

51 minutes ago, malek said:

That's your opinion and although I wouldn't go as far as that I would agree that in the past couple of seasons and certainly this season, Reach has disappointed far too often.

With that in mind why have so many managers, including a caretaker who will have worked with Penney a lot in the past, declined to give Penney a run instead? 

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That's your opinion and although I wouldn't go as far as that I would agree that in the past couple of seasons and certainly this season, Reach has disappointed far too often.

With that in mind why have so many managers, including a caretaker who will have worked with Penney a lot in the past, declined to give Penney a run instead? 

Because it is easier to fail with experienced first team players, than with young players with little experience.

We must be only club in the world where manager is not required to develop and improve young players in order to bring revenue to the club. We are run worst than Albanian under  9 years old girls team. Awful.

Btw. How Thompson failed to give him a run ? He picked him fairly consistently considering how long he didn't play.

6 minutes ago, malek said:

Because it is easier to fail with experienced first team players, than with young players with little experience.

We must be only club in the world where manager is not required to develop and improve young players in order to bring revenue to the club. We are run worst than Albanian under  9 years old girls team. Awful.

Btw. How Thompson failed to give him a run ? He picked him fairly consistently considering how long he didn't play.

Just had a look, you're right, didn't realise Penney had featured so much under Thompson. In saying that Thompson managed 11 league games, winning 5 and losing 6.

Penney started 7 of those 11, winning just 2. So even Thompson was better off without him in the team results wise. 

55 minutes ago, malek said:

You dont know if they have any strikers they would loan out for the last few weeks of the season do you? 

19 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

I used to be a big fan of Penney but he is limited. I would err toward not keeping.

Agree, that young player who shined in his first couple of appearances including away at villa hasn’t been seen since.  And given the managers since that’s all on him. He’s either not actually very good, or hasn’t got the right attitude to be a professional footballer. He could easily drop down to conference level soon enough 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Agree, that young player who shined in his first couple of appearances including away at villa hasn’t been seen since.  And given the managers since that’s all on him. He’s either not actually very good, or hasn’t got the right attitude to be a professional footballer. He could easily drop down to conference level soon enough 

Same as Shaw.

23 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Agreed. I wonder if he bulked up a little that might help him. His defensive game isn't great and he doesn't seem to have as effective delivery as he once had. He also doesn't have the pace of say Jack Hunt to get him out of problems. 

Shame, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does develop later.

14 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

5 a side footballer 

Florentino Perez might be interested then with his plans for shorter matches and more goals to keep the kids who lack concentration entertained!