Matt Penney

Could be really good after a full season in league one, for what he's on seems a strange one not to give him at least another year.

Specially if we then go out and spend money signing a left back.

With Reach most likely gone could also be used further up the pitch as has a very good delivery on him from the wing.

But what do I know, DC knows what he's going look how good the club is doing.😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 2

We’re crying out for a left back but he’s been unable to grasp the position under 4 managers. Tells us all we need to know about him, he needs to be moved on but good luck to the lad at whichever club he lands at.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

How much is it costing us tho to get rid. Surely no one is going to pay good money for him or is he another one out of contract. If he is Ill pay his taxi fare.

He’s out of contract.

I think it likely he’s been told he’s not being offered a new one.

The lads got ability, no question about that. Given he’s a natural for the left-hand side and the only competition for him really is Reach, he should’ve been given a run in the team. Let’s face it he was part of a back-line that helped pick up 4 points from the first 6 and kept two clean sheets but then was dropped for whatever reason. It was Monk doing the dropping so f**k knows, after all he did the same with Rhodes and he also has had a stop start campaign.

I think he’ll progress under Warburton at QPR who’s a better manager than a lot of people give him credit for but I don’t think he’ll progress here like a lot of Academy lads and I include Wildsmith and Dawson in this, they have to leave here to start moving forwards with their career as in general we’re not a club that trusts youth and you need to have more than 50 appearances in a first team by the time you’re 23 if you stand a real chance of making it as a pro?

This might change under Moore but it won’t change overnight due to the environment he’s working in IMO?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jim said:

The lads got ability, no question about that. Given he’s a natural for the left-hand side and the only competition for him really is Reach, he should’ve been given a run in the team. Let’s face it he was part of a back-line that helped pick up 4 points from the first 6 and kept two clean sheets but then was dropped for whatever reason. It was Monk doing the dropping so f**k knows, after all he did the same with Rhodes and he also has had a stop start campaign.

I think he’ll progress under Warburton at QPR who’s a better manager than a lot of people give him credit for but I don’t think he’ll progress here like a lot of Academy lads and I include Wildsmith and Dawson in this, they have to leave here to start moving forwards with their career as in general we’re not a club that trusts youth and you need to have more than 50 appearances in a first team by the time you’re 23 if you stand a real chance of making it as a pro?

This might change under Moore but it won’t change overnight due to the environment he’s working in IMO?

Top post.

Should have been given a run this season but never has been. I still think he’ll be a good championship left back 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Animis said:

he just didn't develop from the Jos days - maybe he needs a new club and coaching staff to push on.

Penney like many others have suffered from our choice of managers. 

He's small lightweight and not great in the air, but technically good and has a yard of pace and likes the ball to feet. 

We've been playing super defensive hoofball, so it dosent suit him. 

Probably needs a change of scenary. 

Always seemed to have a lot of potential early on, but lost his way an dosnt seem like his mentality /attitude is there.... 

That said just watch him kick on like joao has at Reading and be worth a fair few million in a couple of seasons. 

14 hours ago, room0035 said:

Could be really good after a full season in league one, for what he's on seems a strange one not to give him at least another year.

Specially if we then go out and spend money signing a left back.

With Reach most likely gone could also be used further up the pitch as has a very good delivery on him from the wing.

But what do I know, DC knows what he's going look how good the club is doing.😂😂😂😂😂

Actually reminds me of Reach in a way, lacking in attitude and confidence and can't seem to nail down a position that really suits him. 

4 hours ago, Jim said:

To be honest I expected him to get a run of games under Thompson who really rated him, but not even he gave him a run of games. Maybe an attitude problem or as you say something to do with the culture here at the club. 

Would be a decent option at left midfield in L1 next season if we are still broke and DC keeps the cash minimal while he looks for a buyer. 

Personally see him staying. 

He could be a good player somewhere like Rotherham, L1 yo-yo club (not ready to accept that's what our future is) 

11 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

To be honest I expected him to get a run of games under Thompson who really rated him, but not even he gave him a run of games. Maybe an attitude problem or as you say something to do with the culture here at the club. 

Thompson probably knows best, and already said that Penney's puzzle still needed some pieces. This season has not been a good time to try and find them.