BREAKING - DARREN MOORE APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER

I've been critical but fair play to DC for appointing someone a bit left field, and a promising up and comer.

Lets give him the platform and environment to thrive now

UP THE OWLS!

• Like 2

Really positive appointment this and great news to start the week. I’m surprised he has left Doncaster to come but I’m really pleased. Hopefully he can keep us up and if not he has the knowledge and background of L1 for next season.

• Like 2

Just now, gurujuan said:

Ridiculous appointment. Nothing against the guy personally, but what has DC seen in his career so far to suggest that he can handle this job Believe me, this will end in tears, and quickly

Tbf, who could make a great success out of the current job? 

Caught everyone by surprise this one has. I like Moore with the idea we are going to drop into L1! Seems a decent bloke aswell whenever I’ve heard him on the radio. 

Surprised because Doncaster looked a decent shout for at least the play offs. Think he had a huge chance of getting them up! Also, surely this can’t be an end of season appointment like has been rumoured, why would he walk away from what he did at Donny?

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Why didn’t we get him when Pulis was sacked? Seems unfair on him that he has 14 games to keep us up. Surely he won’t just have signed until the end of the season? 

A million quid to keep us up.

Job’s a good un.

DC is a gambler, let’s hope this bet pays off.

I like Darren Moore, hopefully a great appointment.  🔵⚪💪🦉💙

Good appointment - very surprised he's taken it.

But then what has he got to lose? If he keeps us up he'll be rewarded financially and be great for his CV. If we get relegated he'll get a chance to overhaul the squad and knows League 1.

What's the contract duration? Not had chance to read anything yet.

• Like 2

Great appointment.

Knows the championship and L1, highly regarded by many.  Of all the people I would've hoped we'd get he'd be up there with Paul Cook.

Just hope whatever happens now he's given support from DC whatever happens this season.

WOW - what a move this is!!

An excellent appointment, exactly what we need.  Can he ride the storm out off the field?  Who knows. But this is exactly the sort of manager we need.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Ridiculous appointment. Nothing against the guy personally, but what has DC seen in his career so far to suggest that he can handle this job Believe me, this will end in tears, and quickly

I saw him make 2 subs against us that totally changed the game.....

I see a young, ambitious manager.

Lighten up ffs.

• Like 6

Just now, SiJ said:

Tbf, who could make a great success out of the current job? 

Nobody at the moment, so why change things Don’t think anyone else will better Thompson’s win record, so waiting until the end of the season before reassessing would have been the sensible thing to do

• Haha 1