Does anyone seriously think we can stay up?

Guest Andy W

Can we still stay up?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Can we still stay up?

• YES
    • NO

...that we would stay up this season.

As soon as minus 12 was announced I was convinced we'd go down.

Every time we lose to the teams around us, every performance where we look devoid of attacking intent, every needless red card, every weak signing, every wages not paid story, every managerial appointment (or lack of) just cements my pessimism.

I hope we'll stay up. We're not hopelessly adrift like Wycombe, it is not beyond the realms of possiblity at all but honestly, how can anyone believe in this team?

Prior to Milwall, I was confident we would get 10-12 points from the next 5 games. Turns out we only managed 3 (assuming we still lose to Swansea). 

I'm fairly confident we will now go down. The players look disinterested and there just is no game plan. To lose today to the worst team in the league is just a kick in the teeth and no doubt will give them a boost they need to win a few more. We've got too many tough games coming up and unless the players get their act together, we will be down long before the season ends

Today was a big game. 

My biggest worry is looking at the teams around us! Wycombe, Rotherham, Birmingham,  Coventry, Huddersfield, Forest & Luton have all beaten us at some point this season.

Hard to see how we get out of this situation.

Think we're down, Thompson and the players did well to give a go but ultimately DC and his chums are to blame for sending us down. We still might take it to the last day but a lack of goals will be our undoing, along with short term thinking and horrendous running of the club. We could struggle in the lower leagues for years to come, the way things are looking. 

No, I thought we were down when we appointed Pulis and the debacle of trying to  replace him following that mistake of an appointment just compounded matters 

To his credit, Thompson has done well to keep it interesting this long, but I suspect the table will look a lot  worse this time next week after two long away trips. 

I've accepted it, the finality of it.  I'm trying to not let it bother me, but it does.  I don't believe we'll make the playoffs this season now.

No way we are down yet though.  A win and things will look rosier.

I think it's going to the wire.

No, and even if we do stay up it will be a stay of execution.

The problem is the way the club is run: until that changes we're in a hopeless position.

The only feasible way I can see our effecting change is to starve the club of revenue.

At least our money is more important now than it used to be, as Chansiri has spent his allowance.

44 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I was always confident of survival up until today's disaster. Can't wait for this season to end now.

100% Thompson to blame for that terrible formation ,& midfield and why the hell didn’t he switch Harris at some point to the other side. Hello league one! . 

Of course we can stay up, with 15 games left. I wouldn't bet on it watching todays shambles. but surely we can do enough to stay above Brum, Rotherham and Wycombe. We're obviously going to lose matches, so's everybody else, but we soon need to be trying to win games too. Today was painful to watch because we never looked like creating a chance.

Definitely possible with the points to play for but I have no confidence at all. We're really inconsistent just as we pick up a couple of positive results, we always have a game to bring us back to reality, and it's always against a team whos forms been awful. Just fear the worse and hope for the best 🤣