Does anyone seriously think we can stay up?

Guest Andy W

Can we still stay up?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Can we still stay up?

• YES
    • NO

Of course we can still stay up. We’re the points adrift with a game in hand. We’ve still got sixteen matches to go and if you add six to our total you get a better view of where we should be. We’re a low end of the table side, but there are plenty of others there too. It was always going to be a very difficult season given the deduction. We’re still in the thick of it, but we’re not adrift, it might well go to the last day.  We’re going to lose several more times before the season is out, it doesn’t mean we’re doomed because we lose, likewise, when we win it doesn’t mean we’re going to stay up.

Even if we do somehow manage to stay up, next year will likely be yet another season of struggle which we'll all want to be over with rather than actually enjoy watching.

Maybe we need to go down, get rid of Chancer and the remainder of this squad, rebuild under new ownership and come back stronger, like last time we went down to league one. Might take a few years but be worth it in the long run.

Brentford have just lost three on the bounce though 😱

Guest Theboylangers

See my thread from 6th February.

We are going down, all the signs have been there for months, probably a lot longer than that. 

The sooner you accept it, the less painful it will be when it happens.

I hope to god we stay up....but the lack of anything resembling fight and leadership on the pitch and on the sideline (Well from the owner down), is really starting to depress me...I don't think going down will mark the start of some golden rebuilding period that others seem to think.

Guest Jack the Hat

We can. But I think we are going to have to do something radical. Start the game with Rhodes and leave him on until the end. Kachunga and Windass have both proven to add nothing, despite being given enough chances,  Only Rhodes and Patterson look like scoring. Possibly Rhodes and Windass also as they worked together earlier. But forget Kachunga altogether