Does anyone seriously think we can stay up?

Guest Andy W

Can we still stay up?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Can we still stay up?

• YES
    • NO

I really can't see us staying up now. We started a decent run under Thompson but after today we can all see the job is too big for him.

Why drop Rhodes, why change the system and line up when it was working overall. If your car is running ok you don't go tampering under the bonnet.

But today will go down as the game our season hinged on. If Rotherham win their game in hand we are back to a bigger catch up scenario where we not us to win and dpened on others losing. That never ends well.

So the club really need to start looking at who will be the right manager for League 1, and what players.

Cos it ain't going to be pretty or easy down their. We will be the smaller clubs cup finals and if we have players who aren't up for the battle we could have another 5 rot in that league

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Of course we can stay up, if we win our game in hand we are out of the bottom 3.
You would think by some peoples reaction on here we are 10 pints adrift.

We have thrown away numerous chances to be well clear of relegation. We choke just like we did in the playoff final.

We don't have a team of winners.

I said at the start of the season, we'd have cleared the points deduction by November and out of relegation by new year. 

But with the gutless performances I've witnessed there are poorer team with more fight than we have to stay up. I now revise my prediction to almost certain relegation.

Lack of taking responsibility at all levels of the club is consigning us to failure.

• Like 1

Guest Derby owl
3 hours ago, 0114 said:

Today was a big game. 

My biggest worry is looking at the teams around us! Wycombe, Rotherham, Birmingham,  Coventry, Huddersfield, Forest & Luton have all beaten us at some point this season.

Hard to see how we get out of this situation.

Thats just it, we dont have the mindset,players,manager! 

We just cant do a hudders today!

Basically we are a pushovers and the other teams know it.

We can stay up but I don’t think we will. I had us down for relegation this season before a ball was kicked.

We need to go back to 3-5-2 and get our wing backs getting crosses into the box for Paterson and Rhodes. Make it simple and go back to basics. We also need to hope we score the first goal, otherwise we are doomed. Today, I thought the tactics were strange. 

I don’t know if everyone is aware but we have acquired no points in games this season when we have been behind in a game at any point. It’s an extraordinary stat but not surprising given our lack of quality attacking options. 

Guest Bulgaria

Of course we can stay up.

I highly doubt it though. Yesterday's game was vital, not only pointswise but mentally.  

The players we have are good enough to stay up IMO but it's so clear that they are as frustrated with the tactics as we are.

Our whole coaching set up should be ashamed. They are Sunday league at best. Our mindset is riddled with boring, negative, try not to lose DNA.

We will get what we deserve.

51 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

The players we have are good enough to stay up......

Our whole coaching set up should be ashamed. They are Sunday league at best. Our mindset is riddled with boring, negative, try not to lose DNA.

Disagree with the first bit. I don’t think they are good enough. The table shows that. 
Agree with the second bit and we have been that boring negative mindset for a long time.