Does anyone seriously think we can stay up?

Guest Andy W

Can we still stay up?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Can we still stay up?

• YES
    • NO

24 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Wycome, Rotherham, Coventry, Birmingham, 

You cant lose these games and expect to stay up. Absolutely horrendous defeats. 

Our record against the teams around us is the same. We have won 2 home games in a year. 

I think ourselves and wycombe are gone. Teams have games in hand on us and can manage more than 1 win 8 or 9 which is all we do. 

I think the last place will be between yourselves and coventry. Rotherham have got 10x more fight in them than the rest.

It's not so much that we are getting beaten it's how were are getting beaten, too.

There's no quality in the performances, confidence is shot (check out the body language after the sending off today) and tactically we are bereft of any creativity.

I don't think that the players in the squad are that bad but they will sure need some decisive management and coaching if, by some miracle, we stand a chance of not going down.

The chance was the January transfer window .....we sign green who hasn't started a game yet but isn't the answer and Hutchinson , 2 more uninspiring signings you will not see.

The squad as a whole hasn't got the quality or fight to stay up , teams must love playing us they must be rubbing their hands together ....a 3rd relegation is looming since we came down from the premier League and I am absolutely certain we won't get back as easily as before , 2nd season both times , I'd go as far as saying we could slip down to league two tbh , under chairman Mao we are a disaster of a football club and him selling up is our only chance if coming back.

5 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

100% Thompson to blame for that terrible formation ,& midfield and why the hell didn’t he switch Harris at some point to the other side. Hello league one! . 

Might as well start planning for League 1. The ideal candidate for next season won't come now though after Chansiri labelled him unprofessional. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Been saying it for ages, forget DC’s mismanagement, forget the coaching & tactics of Monk, Pulis & Thompson, we don’t have the mental strength in the squad to avoid relegation. I really couldn’t care less if they all left.

Absolutely this. Its been a problem since before this season.

• Like 1

I always thought we would come good, but with that midfield we have no chance, every time we come up against a team that get's in the faces of our midfield they collapse.

It's time we brought some grafters and winner's in our midfield, how long have we been saying that, show pony's like we have do not win any thing.

5 minutes ago, BrumBlue said:

Our record against the teams around us is the same. We have won 2 home games in a year. 

I think ourselves and wycombe are gone. Teams have games in hand on us and can manage more than 1 win 8 or 9 which is all we do. 

I think the last place will be between yourselves and coventry. Rotherham have got 10x more fight in them than the rest.

Sorry mate you have more chance than us of beating the drop.....you have players with fight and passion and some that can play football .....we have none 

7 minutes ago, BrumBlue said:

I would deffinately swap our midfield, man for man, for Rotherhams every day of the week.

This team is exactly what it looks like. Will grind out just about enough to give fans the occasional hope, but not even close enough to keep itself above the line or pull away from trouble.

Whatever hope they drum up, this team will go down and it probably won’t go to the wire. 

I think we look like a punch drunk boxer who's had one to meny fights. 

I don't think we'll stay up, I've thought that since the start of the season, due the psychological impact of the points deduction. 

If we do pull It off, it'll be akin to winning the league. 

I've lost hope now, this time last week I thought we'd stay up but not after this.

DC is living in a dream world with pixies, elves & talking frogs. He's looking more & more like a 10 bob Bond Villain with every week that passes. I can see us starting in League 1 with -15 points for going into administration at this rate. If we could at least stop giving away penalties & finish games with 11 players we'd have a much better chance.