Thompson totally out of his depth

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Minesapint said:

I think there is an element of hindsight there.  From what I recall his team selection was generally approved of yesterday. 

I thought it was decent but would have given Rhodes a start after Bournemouth. First half was absolutely fine apart from Pelupessy giving it away. Second half was an absolute shambles 

It's not Thompson's fault is it

Properly run clubs don't leave a members of the backroom staff to run a football club who are 2nd bottom and are in serious danger of being relegated for over 6 weeks, while the owner sits 1000s of miles away with his eyes shut and his fingers in his ears. Absolute shambles!

• Like 5

Yes, I would agree.

I posted about NT being out of his depth after the Coventry game.

This match was a vital six pointer against one of the few teams who we might have hoped that we could get above.

On the night I was shocked that he left out Patterson who has been our sole source of goals recently.

The front two were Windass and Green, a player who had not played a compeitive league game for over 6 months.

I still think the selection was strange to say the least but I have to admit that NT has otherwise done a pretty decent job.

I wanted DC to bring in Paul Cook who has a proven track record with 3/4 clubs but Chansiri and Paxo never seem to do the obvious thing that virtually every external football expert or pundit pundit was suggesting.

3 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Yes, I would agree.

I posted about NT being out of his depth after the Coventry game.

This match was a vital six pointer against one of the few teams who we might have hoped that we could get above.

On the night I was shocked that he left out Patterson who has been our sole source of goals recently.

The front two were Windass and Green, a player who had not played a compeitive league game for over 6 months.

I still think the selection was strange to say the least but I have to admit that NT has otherwise done a pretty decent job.

I wanted DC to bring in Paul Cook who has a proven track record with 3/4 clubs but Chansiri and Paxo never seem to do the obvious thing that virtually every external football expert or pundit pundit was suggesting.

The major problem he has is that were playing games every 3 or 4 days with a half fit squad so he's trying to juggle the fitness of a squad who are all at different levels of fitness...every few matches it catches up with some of the players all at once so we'll have matches where it goes ******** up like yesterday. As long as we can string two or three wins together we can get over this...personally I'll take being out off the relegation zone by the last three matches

2 hours ago, bubbleowl said:

Properly run clubs don't leave a members of the backroom staff to run a football club who are 2nd bottom and are in serious danger of being relegated for over 6 weeks, while the owner sits 1000s of miles away with his eyes shut and his fingers in his ears. Absolute shambles!

Here, here,  I agree 100% but doesn’t it just highlight yet again why no decent manager would want to accept the job at Hillsborough right now and have to accept the inept direction of our plainly amateurish owner.

I just can’t wait until he realizes he is not wanted by the faithful supporters of SWFC and  the quicker he seriously looks for a new buyer the better. It simply cant happen quick enough but until then we have to put our trust in Thompson and hope he can get the best out of this squad of players. It’s is undoubtedly going to be almost an impossibility when we consider that a good proportion of the current team are starting to focus on where and who they will be playing for next season.

• Like 1

Every manager and teams have slip ups and bad results/performances. For the games he has been incharge his record is actually very good compared to the last few managers.

The real test for a manager is motivating the players to respond well after a poor result. He already did this after Coventry so hopefully he can do it again and bounce back in a positive fashion. 

He has my full support as do the players. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Quantum Owl said:

Every manager and teams have slip ups and bad results/performances. For the games he has been incharge his record is actually very good compared to the last few managers.

The real test for a manager is motivating the players to respond well after a poor result. He already did this after Coventry so hopefully he can do it again and bounce back in a positive fashion. 

He has my full support as do the players. 

Well said pal. It's all about how a team bounces back. Christ, Liverpools had some pasteings this season, is Klopp getting verbal. It happens. 2nd half yesterday wasn't good but we need to pick our sens up and go again tuesday

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Don't blame him DC should get his finger out and appoint a manager

If we had appointed a manager 7 games ago he wouldn't have had a better record than Thomson, that is nailed on certain.

How do I know?

Cos chansiri and his boss is doing the appointing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, heppers said:

I am really pleased with NT. Top bloke. We got spanked but we were going for it. I’d rather that than just sitting in defence and still losing 1-0

We only had 4 shots  to Millwall's 21, put in 11 crosses to their 21, and played only 20% of the game in their defensive third.

If that was us 'going for it', then I dread to think what it would be like if we let them dictate the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bubbleowl said:

Properly run clubs don't leave a members of the backroom staff to run a football club 

Agree, and to add to it, he's working with only half a backroom team. I presume Trusson and Pulis' other assistant haven't been replaced yet?

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

The major problem he has is that were playing games every 3 or 4 days with a half fit squad so he's trying to juggle the fitness of a squad who are all at different levels of fitness...every few matches it catches up with some of the players all at once so we'll have matches where it goes ******** up like yesterday. As long as we can string two or three wins together we can get over this...personally I'll take being out off the relegation zone by the last three matches

Agree with this. We need to do just enough to survive, NT is doing well so far. We’re going win and lose again this season, best not to get too up when we win and too down when we lose. We all know the club is not being run as it should, let’s hope the players have enough in them to get us through to the summer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bubbleowl said:

Lampard's role would have been to identify the positions he wanted filling. Just like solskjaer at Man Utd the list goes on, like I said Brentford and reading do it incredibly well with 2 unknown coaches in charge. We are an example of how not to do it, whether we have Thompson or klopp in charge it wouldn't make the slightest difference 

You really think that if Jurgen Klopp were made manager tomorrow out performances wouldn’t significantly improve ?