Thompson totally out of his depth

6 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

The defensive tactics that we play are ingrained into this club, I am sick of it.

We didn't even have a go last night.

We deserve all that's coming.

And the only bright thing that this club has is about to go to Scotland for 50 quid.

********, each and everyone one of them.

Adam Reaches performance last night just sums this club up.

Inept and insulting.

Of course our tactic is defensive, how else do you expect us to play we've only got 1 striker in the club and he's finished

I don’t blame NT.  Love em or hate em, Monk and Pulis with all their experience in dealing with clubs in this position couldn’t cut it, what chance the U23 Coach ? We need a proper manager in who can rebuild the team, but before that, someone to rebuild the club from top to bottom. I genuinely fear for the club if we go down.

• Like 3

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

Of course our tactic is defensive, how else do you expect us to play we've only got 1 striker in the club and he's finished

Well, for one I wouldn't have brought off our two attack minded players with 15 minutes to go.

But then again I ain't got coaching badges so what do I know, if I had then maybe I would have also replaced them with a midfielder up top on his own.

Thompson deserves nothing but praise and thanks. He has embraced the role with positivity and started to turn the ship. Alex fuk1n Ferguson picked the wrong team and lost games. He did what he thought best and up until gifting them a goal, it might have worked. How can you pick a gung ho attack laden team against a side that have the home record of Coventry? It was always going to be attritional.

He isn’t however, qualified to be our manager. The job is too big, he does not have the experience. Until we find our new manager, I say thank you Neil, with all my heart.

Edited by Pieman
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Again - Neil Thompson isn't the problem here

Not by a long long long way

Completely agree, but he’s also not the solution. 

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, Pieman said:

How can you pick a gung ho attack laden team against a side that have the home record of Coventry? It was always going to be attritional.

Not even for the last 10 minutes?

Think outside the box, go 2 at the back and put a defender up top with patterson, just go for it FFS.

Go long for 10-15 minutes.

Westwood hoofs it forward anyway to 1 striker so just flood their half with players.

Has it escaped folk that we need to try and score?

Have to agree that Thompson isn't the problem. He's been thrown in at the deep end by a  Chairman/Owner who is always looking for a scapegoat to cover his astonishing lack of acumen. It seems to me that the only consistency we have is chaotic day to day managing and no long term strategy to help lift us from the current gloom. It truly sickens me to witness what is happening to our Club as each day seems to unfold yet another mishap or crisis that is always the fault of someone else.

Heartbreaking for each and every one of us but we will always be loyal Sheffield Wednesday because there is no other way.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

He is. I think the more games we lose the more you will see him struggle with the pressure. He needs replacing before the next game. 

How many games in the league has he lost

It’s disgusting that Chansiri has thrown Thompson in to this position, poor bloke is so far out of his depth, I feel sorry for him, this job will wear him down after every defeat, he doesn’t deserve that. Wake up Chansiri and get a manager in that is use to clueless owners, oh I don’t know, perhaps Paul Cook on a decent contract. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Not even for the last 10 minutes?

Think outside the box, go 2 at the back and put a defender up top with patterson, just go for it FFS.

Go long for 10-15 minutes.

Westwood hoofs it forward anyway to 1 striker so just flood their half with players.

Has it escaped folk that we need to try and score?

He did. He just threw on forward players and whatever modicum of cohesion we had, disappeared. Anyway, that’s not my point. He is doing his best, he isn’t a qualified manager for a club in our position.

NT is not the problem.

The squad is just shocking mix of players who either always injured, unfit due to serious injury or lay off and some who only perform 1 game in 3.

Look at the signings over the last 12 months, nearly all of them have not played for ages and we are chucking them into the first team and expecting them play like fully fit players.

It all reeks of getting anyone in if they are cheap enough.

Pulis has been able to get teams organised and difficult to beat in the past, but he couldn't get a tune out of this lot.

It’s Chansiri to blame he’s the one who brings players in, sub standard all of them, what the hell did he bring these losers in, Paterson never been a footballer, Windass too slow then he brings back Hutchinson a liability, no decent midfield you could go on and on, League 1 here we come, then we get a decent young player in Shaw and he looks like he’s  going

• Like 1