Thompson totally out of his depth

I think it’s becoming clear that we’re a League One side, we’re not good enough for The Championship.

I think therefore, to a large extent, it’s pretty much irrelevant whether NT remains as interim manager or is replaced - the end result, namely relegation, seems pretty much nailed on.

1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

I think it’s becoming clear that we’re a League One side, we’re not good enough for The Championship.

I think therefore, to a large extent, it’s pretty much irrelevant whether NT remains as interim manager or is replaced - the end result, namely relegation, seems pretty much nailed on.

Don’t agree.

our form if you exclude the hell of the Pulis period is good enough to stay up 

2 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Unfortunately I agree

But it's the hope that kills you. He formation and tactics were all wrong last night and I still have hope a sensible manager will come in and set us up properly...probably a 442 would still allow us to compete at this level

6 hours ago, overlandandsea said:

Hes been completely thrown under the bus by DC. He seems a decent bloke and I feel sorry for him that hes having to cop the blame and manage this mis matched team whilst chansiri shows no intent on bringing in an actual manager. 

Pfft thrown under the bus, this is his biggest claim to fame in his coaching career. He should be trying to grab the opportunity with both hands 

He couldn’t have got the line up more wrong yesterday, and as long as we continue to play 1 striker we will be relegated, that is without question 

7 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Thompson needs to return to his Under 23's coaching role.

Last night was a shambles.

Dreadful selection, formation, tactics (Pulis one up front) and substitutions.

His comment about us having six strikers treats us fans as if we are as complete idiots.

Thompson isn't the problem. 

THIS is the problem. 

:Chansiri: Paxo.png.b6022d741ae566ca0cbc19d2adb7d649.png.d461df3f60912b88d7eeb997d23bedb2.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

The defensive tactics that we play are ingrained into this club, I am sick of it.

We didn't even have a go last night.

We deserve all that's coming.

And the only bright thing that this club has is about to go to Scotland for 50 quid.

********, each and everyone one of them.

Adam Reaches performance last night just sums this club up.

Inept and insulting.

adam reach wont break sweat till end of season as he 100% is leaving. biggest waste of spaces going. have the managers had any say in any of  these talentless signings . the stats alone make us 24th in the league . 

45 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Thompson isn't the problem. 

THIS is the problem. 

:Chansiri: Paxo.png.b6022d741ae566ca0cbc19d2adb7d649.png.d461df3f60912b88d7eeb997d23bedb2.png

sure are . what hold does paxo have on him? an arm lock? got to be something, paxo advise has cemented this club into freefall , who thinks we will stop up next season in league 1? i think we will finish bottom and paxo will still be here. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, morganowl said:

sure are . what hold does paxo have on him? an arm lock? got to be something, paxo advise has cemented this club into freefall , who thinks we will stop up next season in league 1? i think we will finish bottom and paxo will still be here. 

Put it this way, I think Chansiri will be gone long before Paxo. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Thompson needs to return to his Under 23's coaching role.

Last night was a shambles.

Dreadful selection, formation, tactics (Pulis one up front) and substitutions.

His comment about us having six strikers treats us fans as if we are as complete idiots.

One defeat in the league, and some 'supporter' says NT's out of his depth. Bet he couldn't wait to stir it up - perhaps he'll get an apology from NT for holding this critique up for a month. Really pathetic - it might just be that it's the team who are the problem, or the Directors. Poor bloke having to read this stuff.  If you don't have anything positive to say, don't bother. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

If you don't have anything positive to say, don't bother. 

Jesus,

May as well shut forum down if we’re playing by them rules 

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Pfft thrown under the bus, this is his biggest claim to fame in his coaching career. He should be trying to grab the opportunity with both hands 

He couldn’t have got the line up more wrong yesterday, and as long as we continue to play 1 striker we will be relegated, that is without question 

Maybe hes trying to get a tune out of the same squad that monk and pulis couldn't get to play and hes completely out of his depth? Hes in the firing line whatever happens and I bet he cant wait to get back to working with the u23s 

Thompson is almost certainly out of his depth but it’s hard to see how anyone could get a tune of of the current squad really. 
I was surprised that Green and Hutchinson were both starters. I was also surprised that Paterson didn’t start having scored in two consecutive league games. 
That said, I was still a bit surprised quite how abject we were. 
Was it the tactics, was it the players, was it the formation?

Bit of all of it I guess. 
We need a new manager if we are going to rebuild. If we are not then we may as well keep him on and save the cash.