Thompson totally out of his depth

Guest wilyfox

He’s no manager. Last nights selection was awful. Two DMs in a game we needed to win, winger & second-striker paired up front...then says we need to be more of a threat in the final third. How did he envisage that happening exactly?

20 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Thompson needs to return to his Under 23's coaching role.

Last night was a shambles.

Dreadful selection, formation, tactics (Pulis one up front) and substitutions.

His comment about us having six strikers treats us fans as if we are as complete idiots.

True but he did say ‘je ne sais quoi’ post-match....😂

15 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I don't blame him for last night. We've looked much better in the games he's overseen before last night.

I'm not so sure we have.

Results wise, we did well against 'Boro and Derby, but the performances left a fair bit to be desired.

In those two games, we had 15 attempts to our opponents' 35; 5 from open play to their 20; and 36% possession.

I know a lot on here have been impressed by the way we've played under Thompson, but I'm struggling to see it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thompson is not the problem, the problem is why is he still there after over a month. Thompson is just an employee of the club and told what to do, even the most naive fan cant fail to see is the problem is the owner. No ifs no buts 100% this man is the problem

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not so sure we have.

Results wise, we did well against 'Boro and Derby, but the performances left a fair bit to be desired.

In those two games, we had 15 attempts to our opponents' 35; 5 from open play to their 20; and 36% possession.

I know a lot on here have been impressed by the way we've played under Thompson, but I'm struggling to see it.

I'm a firm believer in stats and they aren't the kind of numbers you'd want to see, they aren't sustainable and they end in tears as you allude. Possession doesn't have to be a concern if you are conceding it by design, we clearly aren't if its resulting in so many chances, albeit we aren't considering the quality of those chances? 

Setting stats aside and reverting to my eyes I still think we've looked better than we were under Monk even if the numbers suggest we've been fortunate. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 3

His record so far is fine.

I honestly think he will guide us to safety.  It will be tight, but as our new superstar signings Green and Hutch get match fit we will get better and have enough to stay up.

We didnt get hammered last night . We deserved to lose, no question, but it wasnt a collapse of a result.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria

The defensive tactics that we play are ingrained into this club, I am sick of it.

We didn't even have a go last night.

We deserve all that's coming.

And the only bright thing that this club has is about to go to Scotland for 50 quid.

********, each and everyone one of them.

Adam Reaches performance last night just sums this club up.

Inept and insulting.

Thompson himself called it, without new strikers, we will likely be relegated. It was the obvious weakness before the campaign started, and it’s still our biggest weakness Until that is addressed, we will continue to struggle, whoever the manager is

• Like 2

He’s only managed at York, Scarborough and Boston before us and he didn’t have a good record at any of those clubs.

He seems a decent bloke and managing us is a tough job for anyone but if he’s the best man for the job with that CV it’s another indicator how far we’ve dropped

• Like 2