Thompson totally out of his depth

On 28/01/2021 at 07:40, Owls Loyal said:

Thompson needs to return to his Under 23's coaching role.

Last night was a shambles.

Dreadful selection, formation, tactics (Pulis one up front) and substitutions.

His comment about us having six strikers treats us fans as if we are as complete idiots.

lol

• Haha 1

Let's be honest, the guy is making this team play a damn sight better than the supposed managers he replaced.

No reason to change it tbh. 

Is he the solution long-term? 

No idea, but I think we've got more chance of staying up with him in charge atm than getting someone else in. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Another clean sheet...lets get everyone fit and, we've got an extra day until Saturday. So we weren't relegated today after all 🤣 🤣

Still think it will go down to the wire and a loan striker might have helped which could prove costly..But I wouldn’t change Thompson..knows the players and a new manager won’t do much without their own players and staff..And he’s not a bullsxxitter..

• Like 1

The blokes done more than enough to be given the job till the end of the season , his record is automatic form, yes his two defeats were terrible performances in games we should have got something from but look at the big picture he’s doing well and winning games and everything suggests we’ll stay up which is the only thing that matters. I’d still be inclined to reevaluate in the summer even if we stay up 

• Like 1

On 28/01/2021 at 02:50, wilyfox said:

He’s no manager. Last nights selection was awful. Two DMs in a game we needed to win, winger & second-striker paired up front...then says we need to be more of a threat in the final third. How did he envisage that happening exactly?

Err, did we win? How many games has he won while caretaker manager? In comparison, how's he compare with Monk. Pulis, Jos???? Gimme a break, he's doing all he can to keep us us up and looks like he's having success.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
7 hours ago, doubled123456 said:

Err, did we win? How many games has he won while caretaker manager? In comparison, how's he compare with Monk. Pulis, Jos???? Gimme a break, he's doing all he can to keep us us up and looks like he's having success.

my post pre-dates the last few results if you actually look. He’s a caretaker, and players vote with results and performances how long his leadership will last. He’s certainly the man for now because the players are pulling for him. Whether that would continue beyond this season...I have my doubts. I still think we’ll see someone new for next season.

Edited by wilyfox

9 hours ago, Steve1212 said:

I’m actually starting to like the team again, under 💩 pulis I hated each and everyone of them. I though the player were dogger and it didn’t matter who the manager was, I was wrong, turns out it was actually the manager that was dogger. 

I haven't watched a game after the abysmal display against Coventry, since which we've won 3 out of the 4. 

May stop sulking and tune in on Saturday.

11 hours ago, SiJ said:

Let's be honest, the guy is making this team play a damn sight better than the supposed managers he replaced.

No reason to change it tbh. 

Is he the solution long-term? 

No idea, but I think we've got more chance of staying up with him in charge atm than getting someone else in. 

We would be crazy to upset the apple cart now with another obscure choice from DC. Leave NT to get the job done and then regroup in the summer. 

So knowing DC...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Apologies if already posted.

This season:-

Monk           P11. W3. D3. L5 GF6. GA10. Pts12

Pulis            P10. W1. D4. L5. GF6. GA12. Pts7

Thompson  P7. W5. D0. L2. GF9. GA8. Pts15

Remarkable

To think of the games we squandered with that useless dinosaur Pulis. It’s a wonder we’re still in with a chance. Hopefully won’t come back to bite. 

9 hours ago, Steve1212 said:

I’m actually starting to like the team again, under 💩 pulis I hated each and everyone of them. I though the player were dogger and it didn’t matter who the manager was, I was wrong, turns out it was actually the manager that was dogger. 

Agreed. Thought Pulis as an appointment was a car crash before it was confirmed. Under Monk we were starting to pick up. Stoke fan I know was laughing when he heard we were in for him.

Guest Jack the Hat
10 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

To think of the games we squandered with that useless dinosaur Pulis. It’s a wonder we’re still in with a chance. Hopefully won’t come back to bite. 

We squandered a season and half on Monk. At least Pulis had achieved things in his career and played Westwood and wanted Hutch back. Monk was the real problem.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Apologies if already posted.

This season:-

Monk           P11. W3. D3. L5 GF6. GA10. Pts12

Pulis            P10. W1. D4. L5. GF6. GA12. Pts7

Thompson  P7. W5. D0. L2. GF9. GA8. Pts15

Remarkable

3 more games until skybet pays out on Thompson