Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

10 minutes ago, morganowl said:

no idea about him, know roughly what he looks like and heard a couple of his songs in the 80s thats about it. freedom and speech and individualism is been kicked out and not allowed. ie i dont agree with the kneeling before games or blm but i certainly aint a racist but might be judged that way due to it.  

When the Matchday sways into politics it never ends well

lol

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Racist or homophobic language has no place in society so his sponsors were spot on in dropping him...he's not some ignorant idiot on social media who can hide behind the keyboard spouting bollix

i dont agree with anyone like that we are all equal , ive been friends with black and gay people most of my life i just dont get a lot of this media hype lately ,its almost like there trying to get unhinged idiots out to spout poo , i aint see anything racist down at hillsborough certainly not in last 30 years . worst ive heard is whos the in the black regards refs ,i aint heard that 1 in ages ,maybe it stopped when some refs wore green? lets leave america to have there civil war and lets treat everyone  equal here and i mean get  a job on merit not on race ,sexual orientation , have you noticed on sky sports whats hapened this season regards pundits etc? 

On 21/01/2021 at 21:35, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We'll never know

I do know that Lopez was running games for us

Carlos left him out and the team forgot how to play

So many people said the same at the time. We had the good run taking us into the playoffs without him, with Bannan just in front of the defence, spraying through balls to either wing. Hutch becomes magically available and we lose two players, because Bannan ends up on the left and the balls through to the right wing dry up. Bannan may be able to play that role now, but he made us tick on that run in to the playoffs. Hutch has never looked like a midfielder to me. He has a defenders brain and attitude, which is one of the reasons why he gives so many fouls away when players go past him. He thinks he has to stop them no matter what and forgets there are a line of defenders behind him. 

We have gone round and round listing all his faults and we took a big step forward bringing younger fitter players into the positions he played in, like Hunt and Shaw. Bringing in an aging, injury prone player is not something we should be doing again. We have made that mistake over and over again. That kind of player is unreliable and they all still need paying while they keep each other company in the sick bay. We still have too many injury prone players we do not need any more. Buy or loan some good quality fit young players instead preferably a striker a left back and a right back. Then see what happens. Hutch has had his best days at Hillsborough, but it's time to move onwards and hopefully upwards in my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

So many people said the same at the time. We had the good run taking us into the playoffs without him, with Bannan just in front of the defence, spraying through balls to either wing. Hutch becomes magically available and we lose two players, because Bannan ends up on the left and the balls through to the right wing dry up. Bannan may be able to play that role now, but he made us tick on that run in to the playoffs. Hutch has never looked like a midfielder to me. He has a defenders brain and attitude, which is one of the reasons why he gives so many fouls away when players go past him. He thinks he has to stop them no matter what and forgets there are a line of defenders behind him. 

We have gone round and round listing all his faults and we took a big step forward bringing younger fitter players into the positions he played in, like Hunt and Shaw. Bringing in an aging, injury prone player is not something we should be doing again. We have made that mistake over and over again. That kind of player is unreliable and they all still need paying while they keep each other company in the sick bay. We still have too many injury prone players we do not need any more. Buy or loan some good quality fit young players instead preferably a striker a left back and a right back. Then see what happens. Hutch has had his best days at Hillsborough, but it's time to move onwards and hopefully upwards in my opinion.

I agree, unless he's coming back in a coaching role I can only see him playing around a dozen games maximum until the end of the season.

Deal to end of the season absolute no brainer knows the club players coaching staff he’ll be on less money than b4 and can play multiple positions? The amount of games coming up next few weeks is scary and our squad isn’t big enough or good enough atm ? I’ll go as far to say when playing at cb he still best at the club knocks all the silly challenges off and seems to concentrate more in that position 

• Like 3

Hopefully we can get everything tied up so he can be available for selection in our next league match.

I remember a couple of years ago when Luhukay got the boot and Bullen bought Westwood and Hutch back into the side, our performances went up a level, hopefully we’ll see a similar lift in performances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

It’s also why a lot of the times from

getting an early yellow card, especially in recent years, he didn’t follow it up with a red card. He’s not a complete idiot and he does know where and when to make a challenge. Obviously, with some rash exceptions. 

I understand what you say about signing younger players, but please point out some cases where teams have been adrift in the bottom 3 in January and some unproven 18-21 year olds came in on loan and kept them up? I’m sure there is some, but there’s a reason clubs often look for experience in this situation 

Also unless Bannan’s also an idiot, his comments tell you he’d be welcomed back. 

‘Winner, top player, good surprise to get him back ‘

bannan didn’t have to say that, he could have sat on the fence/played politics and claimed no knowledge or whatever, but he didn’t. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, damianb1 said:

Westwood's wrist, seriously. Firstly he didn't get anywhere near Diane's shot, it was out of his reach and secondly if it hadn't been for Westwood that day we'd have lost v heavily. He had a great game ffs.

Not saying he didn't but he does get to it. Watch it back.

Again the original point wasn't to dig anyone out, it was just pointing out small things can change games.

3 hours ago, morganowl said:

whats wrong about the world now is someone who has a different view or who may say something they regret then suddenly there some kind of lepper. even the golfer justin thomas said something either he didnt mean or out of context and its cost him millions in advertising. freedom of speech of any kind wont be allowed before long . 

There’s a difference between freedom of speech and being able to say what you want without impunity.

freedom of speech is about living in a democratic society where you can go about your business and read unbiased press from every angle and that is not state controlled (see North Korea)..

problem is when people don’t understand what freedom of speech actually is and isn’t.

freedom of speech isn’t being able to say and do as you please without being challenged and held to account...

• Like 4