Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The most Sheffield Wednesday thing ever. Resigning a player that we released a few months back.

A player who should have never been released if we were unable to replace him with someone who can play the defensive midfield role. Very hard to find a player of his quality just hanging around waiting for a team on -12 (at the time) to sign him.

• Like 2

Genuinely HATE to say this but I think the club has to start preparing for League 1. In that context I don’t see Hutchinson as a good signing. If we go down and if we can push to come straight back we need to have young, fit, hungry players without the baggage of years of failure and the losing mentality that hangs around at SWFC. Players that are proud and thankful to be Wednesday.   

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Really worth listening to this exchange from Singing the Blues podcast from just before Christmas. 

Episode called ‘Get Your Head in the Game’. Around the 30 minute mark.

Very clear account of someone who genuinely wants to be here and this is the kind of player we need at the moment and that is why he is now back here above all else.

https://player.captivate.fm/episode/01e41b85-4f8f-40b4-839d-c74371e6bd7f

No no no.

Hutch is a bad bad egg. 

The club captain wasn’t telling the truth yesterday when he gave a glowing reference of Hutchinson.

• Thanks 1

Don't think it's a progress signing. He isn't going to play Saturday, Tuesday every week as is needed for the foreseeable future...so assume he's being brought in for cover. 

His wage could have been spent more effectively elsewhere on the squad , but it's Chansiri's cash to spend, his choice.

3 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Also unless Bannan’s also an idiot, his comments tell you he’d be welcomed back. 

‘Winner, top player, good surprise to get him back ‘

bannan didn’t have to say that, he could have sat on the fence/played politics and claimed no knowledge or whatever, but he didn’t. 

If there is a strong possibility of him coming back, I don't think Bannan's comments could really be anything other than positive, could they?

In midfield I would personally rather see Luke Shaw on the pitch than Hutchinson, because although young and inexperienced, he is already looking more reliable than Hutch all through the game and all over the pitch, while looking better every game. I would also choose Luongo, Hunt and Pelupessy before him although he could possibly do a job to the end of the season on the right side of defence with Iorfa out. I just really don't want to see him coming back in the role he had before. He gave everything for us first time around, but all our midfielders are doing that without looking like they are struggling to run. I thought Hutch would always give it 100% first game back, then gradually get worse over the next few games until he ended up missing games for whatever reason.

As a defender, I think he could maybe last the games out better, but I would still rather see us get a player for what we really need now and in the future and good younger players do not have to be inexperienced, just much fitter than Hutch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ante's Bubbly said:

If there is a strong possibility of him coming back, I don't think Bannan's comments could really be anything other than positive, could they?

In midfield I would personally rather see Luke Shaw on the pitch than Hutchinson, because although young and inexperienced, he is already looking more reliable than Hutch all through the game and all over the pitch, while looking better every game. I would also choose Luongo, Hunt and Pelupessy before him although he could possibly do a job to the end of the season on the right side of defence with Iorfa out. I just really don't want to see him coming back in the role he had before. He gave everything for us first time around, but all our midfielders are doing that without looking like they are struggling to run. I thought Hutch would always give it 100% first game back, then gradually get worse over the next few games until he ended up missing games for whatever reason.

As a defender, I think he could maybe last the games out better, but I would still rather see us get a player for what we really need now and in the future and good younger players do not have to be inexperienced, just much fitter than Hutch.

Thing is really you don’t want Hunt (or shaw) being at the base of your midfield, which is where Hutchinson would be. Loungo needs to get fit. 

I agree if everyone’s available he probably doesn’t start in my first choice side either, but there’s so many games we will need them all.

Plus results again going against us, that can be hard for kids to deal with if they start to struggle. I wouldn’t want them to get destroyed if we get relegated. If we do go down, they will be key to our rebuild. 

• Like 1

Only Wednesday fans could be happy resigning a player who failed in the Cyprus league 

Absolute terrible signing and waste of time and money 

Another laughable decision 

1 minute ago, Sticky Micky said:

Only Wednesday fans could be happy resigning a player who failed in the Cyprus league 

Absolute terrible signing and waste of time and money 

Another laughable decision 

Suggesting he failed over there is laughable, when he only came out of their side after he had been contacted about a return to Wednesday 

35 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Genuinely HATE to say this but I think the club has to start preparing for League 1. In that context I don’t see Hutchinson as a good signing. If we go down and if we can push to come straight back we need to have young, fit, hungry players without the baggage of years of failure and the losing mentality that hangs around at SWFC. Players that are proud and thankful to be Wednesday.   

6 points adrift with 2 games in hand?

Financially it’d be DISASTER to go down, yet with 23 games to go you’d just expect us to essentially give up?

Because if you’re signing players preparing for L1, then you’re accepting you’re down and the squad will believe they’re down.

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Thing is really you don’t want Hunt (or shaw) being at the base of your midfield, which is where Hutchinson would be. Loungo needs to get fit. 

I agree if everyone’s available he probably doesn’t start in my first choice side either, but there’s so many games we will need them all.

Plus results again going against us, that can be hard for kids to deal with if they start to struggle. I wouldn’t want them to get destroyed if we get relegated. If we do go down, they will be key to our rebuild. 

The thing is, yes I do want Shaw, Luongo, Hunt, or Pelupessy to play there because they look at home there and are more likely to be able to play all the games, Saturday and midweek. I do not like to see one injury prone player making way for another, week in week out, always worrying that when they do come in to the midfield they probably will not last the game. There are a lot of games to play, we have enough cover in that position and I would rather see us bring a stronger, fitter defender, or striker in than another half fit, half a season (if we are lucky) player.

7 minutes ago, Quist said:

If he comes back poor move. Have we missed my opinion is we have not.

Le us hope he fails medical.

If he does sign, he should be on no terms which only reward him for games played.

It's a done deal. Back in, training Monday

3 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

The thing is, yes I do want Shaw, Luongo, Hunt, or Pelupessy to play there because they look at home there and are more likely to be able to play all the games, Saturday and midweek. I do not like to see one injury prone player making way for another, week in week out, always worrying that when they do come in to the midfield they probably will not last the game. There are a lot of games to play, we have enough cover in that position and I would rather see us bring a stronger, fitter defender, or striker in than another half fit, half a season (if we are lucky) player.

Luongo able to play all the games? Really? His injury record for us is worse than Hutchinsons! 

Hunt as DM?. Certainly not in a championship relegation scrap.

Shaw id like him as box to box in front of a DM and along side Bannan

Do you think Shaw, who’s only just getting up to demands of senior football, can play 9 games in 27 days? Absolutely no chance.

• Like 2