Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

Guest Therealrealist
30 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

The lad from man city- hunt- Shaw- pelapussy- luongo- brown-bannan are we really desperate for another center mid 

That lad from man city..the future innit..young and hungry...big unit..pity he cant get in our bang average team..

Guest hirstysfags
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't enter into talks if you're not on your way

THINK ABOUT IT

🤔

Definitely coming then. Excellent!

54 minutes ago, parajack said:

mine is its simply not credible that two professional football managers would isolate the same two players with out good reason.(and please dont trot out the same old chestnuts about Monk,& Jos....been done to death)

I don't think it's a great argument, to be honest. You could just as easily turn it around and say its simply not credible to argue against bringing him back as two professional football managers (Bruce and Pulis) would choose to rehabilitate the same two players without good reason. And they have a lot more pedigree than Monk and Jos in terms of top flight managerial careers.

If you want to go into this in a bit more detail, I'd say it was combination of factors. Jos either had a preference/or a mandate for bringing in younger players. Whether that was his plan, he couldn't handle experienced pros or it was instructions from above - I don't know. But it's true he marginalised Westwood for Dawson, played Thorniley(as CB)/Pelupessy (as DCM) over Hutchinson, Penney over Fox/Pudil, dropped Boyd from the squad and marginalised Fletcher. It didn't work very well.

Monk, I think, had certain rules regarding players training every day. He played Hutchinson for the first half of the season as clearly thought he was part of his best XI, but obviously decided at some point in January to do things differently. A bit like happened under Jos, our form fell off a cliff. And whatever his plan was to replace Hutchinson, I can't believe it was to just sign Dele-Bashiru.

But that's what he did. And that's where we are now. Playing a system with 3 CB's and 3 CM's and no cover and little quality in all of these positions.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So...

We have a 6 point deduction........correct

We're in the bottom three and looking like relegation........correct 

We have no manager.......correct, unless we have and we just don't know it.

We've been promised by Chansiri that he will spend and bring players in to make sure we stay up.........have we?

And you want Sam Hutchinson to return?.......I actually said I wouldn't be totally against it, but now I've been 'reliably' informed we're on spendagedon mkIII,  I quite fancy the idea of going for Conor Hourihane at Villa, like we should have done in 2017 instead of Winnall.

lol

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, Nero said:

Every single time Baz says something positive about Sam he touches his face.

I'm sure all of you amateur psychologists watching this know what that means.

Itchy face??

Let’s look at the last 12 months then of this players ‘ form ‘

1.  For the period jan to June he was exiled from first team training and duties completely, the second time it has happened

2. Said he wanted to move down south not live up north 

3.  Left Sheffield Wednesday saying it had gone stale and he needed a fresh start

4. ended up in the Cypriot league as no club down south signed him 

5.  Spent the 5 matches he played there thrashing around the pitch booting people in the air 

6. was dropped and released after 5 games , no goals , 1 red card and two yellow cards.

in summary for last 12 months 

has played 5 matches 

no goals 

no assists

Doesn’t want to live in north 

Said he had Gone stale at Sheffield Wednesday 

Frozen out and released by Sheffield Wednesday 

frozen out and released by Paphos

I will say - Hutchinson at times in the Carlos era was the best defensive midfielder in the league . I have nothing against the guy but we would be mad to re sign him on basis of his last 12 months .

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I don't think it's a great argument, to be honest. You could just as easily turn it around and say its simply not credible to argue against bringing him back as two professional football managers (Bruce and Pulis) would choose to rehabilitate the same two players without good reason. And they have a lot more pedigree than Monk and Jos in terms of top flight managerial careers.

If you want to go into this in a bit more detail, I'd say it was combination of factors. Jos either had a preference/or a mandate for bringing in younger players. Whether that was his plan, he couldn't handle experienced pros or it was instructions from above - I don't know. But it's true he marginalised Westwood for Dawson, played Thorniley(as CB)/Pelupessy (as DCM) over Hutchinson, Penney over Fox/Pudil, dropped Boyd from the squad and marginalised Fletcher. It didn't work very well.

Monk, I think, had certain rules regarding players training every day. He played Hutchinson for the first half of the season as clearly thought he was part of his best XI, but obviously decided at some point in January to do things differently. A bit like happened under Jos, our form fell off a cliff. And whatever his plan was to replace Hutchinson, I can't believe it was to just sign Dele-Bashiru.

But that's what he did. And that's where we are now. Playing a system with 3 CB's and 3 CM's and no cover and little quality in all of these positions.

Why mention Bruce? ive spent longer queuing for a pie,than he spent here(not exactly pulling any tree's up at Newcastle either is he?)....& Pulis?? really...??....not being funny mate but your own argument doesn't hold water to me...It would be nieve in m view in the extreme to believe that only footballing matters led to these two players being marginalized

I really dont get the Bruce messiah stuff on here.....

37 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

Definitely coming then. Excellent!

May as well have Bruce back as well if  he gets sacked than eh? link up again,all pals together in the dressing room,& 5 year contracts all round for WW,JR, & 'Hutch'...dream team

20 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What they fail to mention is that he's being lined up as our manager.

:Chansiri:

He's an intelligent guy (off the field).  Anyone who has heard him interviewed will know that.  Does he know enough and carry respect to be the manager?  No idea, but nothing would surprise me

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Maybe not he didn’t train too much under Carlos and performed well maybe he plays 2 in 3 or 1 in two in squad rotation plenty do that snd it’s going to be needed anyway 

my point stands Hutchinson brings a quality we are Lacking a bite we need he improves our team 

So why couldnt he get a game in Cyprus than?

7 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

It's hard to play matches, score goals and get assists when you've been frozen out, nor did goals or assists ever reflect his value in a match anyway. Not a particularly fair judgement of him to go off the last 12 months.

And based on the conversations from Singing the Blues podcast, the very last thing he wanted was to leave Wednesday. He sounded like he was absolutely ripped apart by the way he was treated.

According to the 'Hutch love' on here when he went to Cyprus,it was allegedly for the better weather,and to give his family a better carry on.whilst at the same time giving his injured body an easier time.....(and why not? I would fancy that) and not because of any shortage of Championship offers..(we never saw any though did we?? not one Championship Club allegedly wanted him on a free......why not?)