Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

11 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Suggesting he failed over there is laughable, when he only came out of their side after he had been contacted about a return to Wednesday 

Ye a team that's midtable in a tin pit league losing more than they've won 

Be meltdown on here if we signed another player from that team 

This signing is embarrassing but let's pretend he is our savour 

• Love 2

51 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I remember on here when he was first suggested as centre half, opinion was well split..He played a couple and was superb, which surprised all the critics, including myself

He started off as CB at Chelsea I think...  Very composed  and reads the game.... And surprisingly does not make the rash challenges than compared to midfield tole

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

6 points adrift with 2 games in hand?

Financially it’d be DISASTER to go down, yet with 23 games to go you’d just expect us to essentially give up?

Because if you’re signing players preparing for L1, then you’re accepting you’re down and the squad will believe they’re down.

As I said, I’d be happy enough for Hutchinson to rejoin, we win more games with him in the side, than we lose. Our chances of getting away from the danger area really depends though, as it always has, on which strikers we sign. Defence, with a left back, and midfield, look fairly decent at this level, but up front we are pretty much League One standard. Yes the managerial appointment will be important, but  any manager, no matter who he is, will struggle to get goals out of our current front line Still a big window needed

• Like 1

Just now, Sticky Micky said:

Ye a team that's midtable in a tin pit league losing more than they've won 

Be meltdown on here if we signed another player from that team 

This signing is embarrassing but let's pretend he is our savour 

It’s not about being a saviour, it’s about being another player in the squad for a hectic schedule In a relegation battle.

Again if you’ve got a better name

or option out there, put it forward.

• Like 2

If we had money to burn I’d seriously question the wisdom of this but we aren’t and once again beggars can’t be choosers. We all know the pros and we all know the cons but on form he walks into our first 11 and those who say he doesn’t were kidding themselves. It’s a gamble I’ll give you that but it’s gonna be pretty low risk from a financial point of view and he might just help keep us up. That’ll do for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

As I said, I’d be happy enough for Hutchinson to rejoin, we win more games with him in the side, than we lose. Our chances of getting away from the danger area really depends though, as it always has, on which strikers we sign. Defence, with a left back, and midfield, look fairly decent at this level, but up front we are pretty much League One standard. Yes the managerial appointment will be important, but  any manager, no matter who he is, will struggle to get goals out of our current front line Still a big window needed

Yep agreed. I really hope they pull something out the bag regarding a striker because we really need it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

It’s not about being a saviour, it’s about being another player in the squad for a hectic schedule In a relegation battle.

Again if you’ve got a better name

or option out there, put it forward.

Just use those 3 words....

9 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

6 points adrift with 2 games in hand?

Financially it’d be DISASTER to go down, yet with 23 games to go you’d just expect us to essentially give up?

Because if you’re signing players preparing for L1, then you’re accepting you’re down and the squad will believe they’re down.

What would you do ? Are you suggesting Hutchinson will keep us up on his own? Are you suggesting that we can’t stay up without Hutchinson? Are you happy for Hutchinson to play periodically (when fit) keeping Shaw, FSB, Hunt out of the team who could potentially be the future of the club? 
Personally I believe we will be relegated this season because there are no indications we will out-perform our relegation rivals. Hope won’t keep us up, Knowing the consequences won’t keep us up. I don’t believe Hutchinson will keep us up so I think we should allocate the resources elsewhere 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

What would you do ? Are you suggesting Hutchinson will keep us up on his own? Are you suggesting that we can’t stay up without Hutchinson? Are you happy for Hutchinson to play periodically (when fit) keeping Shaw, FSB, Hunt out of the team who could potentially be the future of the club? 
Personally I believe we will be relegated this season because there are no indications we will out-perform our relegation rivals. Hope won’t keep us up, Knowing the consequences won’t keep us up. I don’t believe Hutchinson will keep us up so I think we should allocate the resources elsewhere 

Hunt and FSB nowhere near the standard required at present. If they were it would be a real bonus but the facts are they aren't ready yet.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

That depends if it’s an option of Hutchinson or someone else. If so, who’s that someone else?

Quite frankly I don’t think FSB contributes to Keeping us up do you? Hutchinson MIGHT. 

Shaw will get game time even if Hutchinson joins. 

its all good and well having this conversation like we will have all our players available every game, but this run we’re about to have is games more often than I think we’ve had in recent memory

Another injury in there and we really are down to the bare bones, shaw has been at CB FFS. 

Hunt has made 2 league appearances this season, is he suddenly going to be thrown in to keep Us up? How many has FSB played, hardly any too?

At least if we had Hutchinson, he could have been at the back and Shaw in midfield or vice versa 

Edited by WhiteOwl91
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Luongo able to play all the games? Really? His injury record for us is worse than Hutchinsons! 

Hunt as DM?. Certainly not in a championship relegation scrap.

Shaw id like him as box to box in front of a DM and along side Bannan

Do you think Shaw, who’s only just getting up to demands of senior football, can play 9 games in 27 days? Absolutely no chance.

I would bet on Shaw completing more minutes in that number of games than Hutch and contributing more towards our points tally too.

I would rather save his wages and put them towards getting Pickering, who looks like a very handy player who will improve our squad and more importantly our team. Yes Luongo is the other half fit player I meant in that position, I personally do not want to see two players like that, because there will be games where both will be unavailable. 

Pickering would be my choice, because he could be a key signing, making us a better team. I really do not think Hutch would. Our opinions differ, which is fit and healthy. Unlike Hutch🚷😁 .

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Hunt and FSB nowhere near the standard required at present. If they were it would be a real bonus but the facts are they aren't ready yet.

I didn’t say they were. However in time they may be. More game time should aid their development providing their physiology is robust enough at their age to support more games. Hutchinson is highly unlikely to get healthier or improve therefore I wouldn’t prioritise his return over game time for our developing players. 

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I remember on here when he was first suggested as centre half, opinion was well split..He played a couple and was superb, which surprised all the critics, including myself

It was common knowledge when we signed him originally he was a CB, he was touted as the next John Terry when he was coming through at Chelsea so I’m not sure why his ability at CB surprised you .

Just now, Ante's Bubbly said:

I would bet on Shaw completing more minutes in that number of games than Hutch and contributing more towards our points tally too.

I would rather save his wages and put them towards getting Pickering, who looks like a very handy player who will improve our squad and more importantly our team. Yes Luongo is the other half fit player I meant in that position, I personally do not want to see two players like that, because there will be games where both will be unavailable. 

Pickering would be my choice, because he could be a key signing, making us a better team. I really do not think Hutch would. Our opinions differ, which is fit and healthy. Unlike Hutch🚷😁 .

But why is it Hutchinson OR Pickering? When has that ever been a thing?

Ones a left back and ones a DM/CB?

We’re going after Hutchinson because the recruitment team clearly think we need a DM?