Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Let’s look at the last 12 months then of this players ‘ form ‘

1.  For the period jan to June he was exiled from first team training and duties completely, the second time it has happened

2. Said he wanted to move down south not live up north 

3.  Left Sheffield Wednesday saying it had gone stale and he needed a fresh start

4. ended up in the Cypriot league as no club down south signed him 

5.  Spent the 5 matches he played there thrashing around the pitch booting people in the air 

6. was dropped and released after 5 games , no goals , 1 red card and two yellow cards.

in summary for last 12 months 

has played 5 matches 

no goals 

no assists

Doesn’t want to live in north 

Said he had Gone stale at Sheffield Wednesday 

Frozen out and released by Sheffield Wednesday 

frozen out and released by Paphos

I will say - Hutchinson at times in the Carlos era was the best defensive midfielder in the league . I have nothing against the guy but we would be mad to re sign him on basis of his last 12 months .

'Frozen out and released by Sheffield Wednesday Garry Monk. '

'Frozen out and released by Paphos'. According to reports it was Hutchinson that cancelled his contract because Pulis wanted to bring him back.

Not really surprising that he felt it had gone stale not playing and sat at home for 6 months like Westwood.

Where did he say he didn't want to live in the North? I don't recall him saying that and can't find any mention of that in his interviews.

What he did say in an interview discussing his exit was "I loved being at Sheffield Wednesday and would have happily finished my career there".

• Like 1

I've had a few replies to posts in this thread

To clarify, I have nothing against Sam Hutchinson

With the right manager he could be just what we need, but he needs managing with a firm hand

Carlos just let him do what he wanted

He fell out with the two managers who stood up to him

If we get the Sam Hutchinson that dropped too deep just to piiss Monk off, well that Sam Hutchinson can do one

If we get the Sam Hutchinson that plays for the team, and not for Sam Hutchinson, that guy could be an asset to the team

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

54 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

So nothing to do with Tom Lees giving Diame the ball then

Or Westwood's wrist not being strong enough.

End of the day, if Hutchinson (who I have no desire to see come back) is still on the pitch then maybe it doesn't go in.

Maybe he squares it to Huddlestone or whoever, I don't know.

7 hours ago, MarvelOwls said:

Other than Westwood I dont think any of the other players turned up that day. Shame. Other than the football it was a great day out 😂

At least the crowd turned up..maybe they got stage fright Cos I would have!

The fact that Hutchinson had value is proven by the fact that Carlos didn't buy a CB because he took the decision to drop him back.

Then, after several poor results, he decided that he needed him in the middle so he reinstated him.

But by then it was too late to buy a CB.

As for Hull, blaming the defeat on Hutchinson is crazy IMO.

Hull were an ex-PL outfit with better all-round players.

If they played to their potential - which they did on the day - then it was always likely we'd lose.

It was a free shot.

40 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The fact that Hutchinson had value is proven by the fact that Carlos didn't buy a CB because he took the decision to drop him back.

Then, after several poor results, he decided that he needed him in the middle so he reinstated him.

But by then it was too late to buy a CB.

As for Hull, blaming the defeat on Hutchinson is crazy IMO.

Hull were an ex-PL outfit with better all-round players.

If they played to their potential - which they did on the day - then it was always likely we'd lose.

It was a free shot.

Also by the time we played Hull CC had started to impose his cr4ppy porkie pea, play it back, play it side to side forever and then defender hoof it up tactics...

In terms of Sam Hutchinson I used to play football with his agent when I was younger, which is also the same agent for G Monk so I couldn't understand why the issues between them weren't mediated/ resolved.

12 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Every other club as the same fixture schedule

not sure about that we now play midweek games and wkd games for at least next 6 weeks ,going to be lots of injuries ,knocks and might get some off again with virus. signing a player like hutch gives you cover at centre half where we are short and midfield . might then only need a hold up striker/scorer up front . seems that left back aint important ,must be only club this season or any season what aint got a left back .