The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Paterson can play right back started his career there ? Tough one one thing with Palmer very rarely injured and always tries his best ? If player wants to move then let him go? Don’t know if Eric lehij or wotever his name is has a club atm free agent ? Always steady ?

Not sure I’d want Palmer to leave without knowing who was coming in to cover at right back. Just had a look how much Forest are wanting for Gabriel as that would seemingly suit both parties but apparently they’re wanting around £700k so I doubt we’d be able to sort any kind of a swap deal. Plus swap deals are notoriously hard to complete. 

E9391CDC-568B-4F74-8356-115F17AD6209.jpeg

If Palmer were to go, I think we've just about got the personnel to cover RB in the event Hunt wasn't available.

We've got the following that could come in:

• Dawodu - Inexperienced, but how will that change if he doesn't get a game? It is L1 after all.
  • Iorfa - Preferred at CB, but could move across temporarily and bring in Gibson or Dunkley at CB
  • Paterson - Started as a RB and might find game time difficult if Gregory, Kamberi, Windass and Corbeanu are all available

If it becomes a problem, we can look to strengthen in January.

• Like 5

Just now, OriginalAlien said:

If Palmer were to go, I think we've just about got the personnel to cover RB in the event Hunt wasn't available.

• Dawodu - Inexperienced, but how will that change if he doesn't get a game? It is L1 after all.
  • Iorfa - Preferred at CB, but could move across temporarily and bring in Gibson or Dunkley at CB
  • Paterson - Started as a RB and might find game time difficult if Gregory, Kamberi, Windass and Corbeanu are all available

If you weren’t already convinced that we need to replace him the alternatives are:

- A child that has never played a competitive game,

- Disrupting the single positive we can take from our first 2 games, or,

- Someone we are paying £15k per week to play somewhere in a front 4.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

So 2 games gone two clean sheets, but no goals scored so lets get rid of the only player we currently have who can play anywhere across the back 4.

Are we selling for silly money, no we are letting him go for a bargain price according to reports.

For me its a no, Palmer has been one of our most consistent performers over the last 3 or 4 season, he is solid at the back and is a 6 or 7 out of 10 most games.

Get rid of Dunkley, Luongo, Paterson before getting rid of Palmer. Unless there is a free agent, left back out their with 300+ career league one and championship games under his belt for less than £10k a week.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

At the end of the day you sell, if you need the money in and it's the right deal for the club. We've made this mistake a million times before. Let's not do it again.

I like Palmer, but if the deals right, in the last 12 months of his contract. You do the deal and promote from within, if you need the cover.

Remember we've just signed a lad on loan for a year as well.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

At the end of the day you sell, if you need the money in and it's the right deal for the club. We've made this mistake a million times before. Let's not do it again.

I like Palmer, but if the deals right, in the last 12 months of his contract. You do the deal and promote from within, if you need the cover.

Remember we've just signed a lad on loan for a year as well.

Fully agree Bob. We are developing a new team with a fresh approach. Also, Palmer would benefit from a new challenge to finish off, what has been a really good professional career.

Let’s see what Forest will pay,  the lad wants to push on for Scotland and championship is the best place for him to do that , and Forest are a huge club would be hard for Palmer to turn it down if club accepts a bid , but Sheffield Wednesday is all Liam Palmer knows 

I’d put my neck on the line and say Palmer stays here to be honest 

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Let’s see what Forest will pay,  the lad wants to push on for Scotland and championship is the best place for him to do that , and Forest are a huge club would be hard for Palmer to turn it down if club accepts a bid , but Sheffield Wednesday is all Liam Palmer knows 

I’d put my neck on the line and say Palmer stays here to be honest 

He's a Worksop lad. Wouldn't have a move his family. He'll get at least an extra year (to his current deal here), and on at least the same wage he's currently on.  Add to that he's moving up a division. I can't see Palmer turning the move down.

The reality is, criminally, Palmer will be one of the highest earners at the club, signing his last deal when we were an ambitious Championship side. Given that he still cannot make a position his own, and he's now reached his peak, if Wednesday can get a decent fee for the kid then we'd be foolish not to accept it.

Even Palmer's most ardent fans would not argue, that he wouldn't be that difficult to replace. And more importantly, he could be replaced by a much younger, and much cheaper option.

Currently, Palmer, along with Luongo and Paterson, will be posing some issues from a financial standpoint within the club. Three players, who will be on a ridiculous League One wage, that arguably can't make a position their own. If we receive interest in any of those three players, they'll be off in the right circumstances.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Kyle Edwards is the latest to join Ipswich, from West Brom 

Apparently he's also a musician, so maybe it was an Ed Sheeran signing

Edwards and rakheem harper are 2 very good players they've snagged

• Like 1

All those Assists weren't exactly impressive. It was the scorer who did all the hard work.

Don't get me wrong he might be a fantastic undiscovered talent but that vid doesn't show much.

Trust DM though to find a diamond in the rough.