The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

20 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Interested to know how so many people know so much about corbeanu. Comments like ‘star in the making’ and ‘too good not to start’.

The lad has played one professional game how can you possibly come to that conclusion unless you’ve been an avid follower of wolves u23’s. Think a few have been playing too much football manager.

My neighbour over here is a big Wolves fan. Although, I generally avoid talking about football with him for obvious reasons……..:Chansiri: 

I’ll take one for the team and ask when I see him….

Edited by Morepork

20 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Interested to know how so many people know so much about corbeanu. Comments like ‘star in the making’ and ‘too good not to start’.

The lad has played one professional game how can you possibly come to that conclusion unless you’ve been an avid follower of wolves u23’s. Think a few have been playing too much football manager.

I’ve watched his YouTube video.....he’s amazing 😂😂😂

Guest Kagoshimaowl
51 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Already played for his country and scored a goal or two. Go on the Canadian forum and see what they all say about him. Trust me, this lad is talented.

2 hours ago, Bigger Guns said:

Watched him play at least 10 times last season. He is a special talent that given bit of luck could develop into top player. But there were better players who failed to make it. 

We are close friends with 3 Wolves supporting families who are all season ticket holders at Molineux, I was on the blower straight away to find out the low down on him 2 out of the 3 families had never heard of him and the other said he’s just a kid but has potential.

I really want him to be our surprise package this season (almost Forestieri esque)  but the fact DM didn’t even give him 10mins at the end of the Charlton game makes me think he’s not 100% convinced yet.

7 hours ago, malek said:

Watched him play at least 10 times last season. He is a special talent that given bit of luck could develop into top player. But there were better players who failed to make it. 

Did you watch George hirst play at least 10 times for our youth team? Bet you thought he was a special talent too and look how that turned out.

You really can’t come to any kind of conclusion until he’s played regular first team football.

11 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Did you watch George hirst play at least 10 times for our youth team? Bet you thought he was a special talent too and look how that turned out.

You really can’t come to any kind of conclusion until he’s played regular first team football.

Anyone who reads this forum, know there are a couple of posters who obviously know what they are talking about. Malek definitely fits into that small group. I will accept his word that this lad is talented. Looking forward to seeing him play

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Anyone who reads this forum, know there are a couple of posters who obviously know what they are talking about. Malek definitely fits into that small group. I will accept his word that this lad is talented. Looking forward to seeing him play

Being talented and being a good player are completely different things.

I hope he does turn out to be poo hot but I’ll reserve judgement until he’s played more than one professional game. 

Our fans really do like to put pressure on young lads don’t they! 

4 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

I hope he does turn out to be poo hot but I’ll reserve judgement until he’s played more than one professional game. 

Mate no offence but you’re wrong

Players get spotted and snapped up as early as possible and at early ages because they’re clearly talented and good footballers

You seem to be suggesting that doing that is a waste of time and that somehow the players need to play first team football first before it’s spotted that they’re good players??

Lets apply your own logic to this then - how would these players ever make it to a first team place? All the clubs would be too scared to sign them and try them 🤣

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Bigger Guns said:

Dont think anyone ever thought George Hirst was a special talent.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Not really when a loan signing comes in they are expected to make an impact we as a club are not interested in a couple of years down the line we need them to make a difference immediately how're own players go out on loan to impress and learn at a lower level to what we are playing in

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Players get spotted and snapped up as early as possible and at early ages because they’re clearly talented and good footballers

You seem to be suggesting that doing that is a waste of time and that somehow the players need to play first team football first before it’s spotted that they’re good players??

Lets apply your own logic to this then - how would these players ever make it to a first team place? All the clubs would be too scared to sign them and try them 🤣

None taken and I’m neither suggesting this lad is crap or amazing so not sure how I can be wrong as I simply don’t know because I’ve never seen or heard of him.

My point being you always get some football manager enthusiasts on here who seem to know everything about other teams youth players.

I haven’t once suggested signing other teams youth players is a waste of time. Wednesday, and all other clubs, have a scouting team who will go and watch players play that they think they might want to sign.

I’m sure our scouting team have seen him play multiple times and have seen enough in him to think he will be a decent signing and help the team this season.

Not sure how Barry from Wickersley can come to the conclusion he’s a ‘special talent’….

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

None taken and I’m neither suggesting this lad is crap or amazing so not sure how I can be wrong as I simply don’t know because I’ve never seen or heard of him.

My point being you always get some football manager enthusiasts on here who seem to know everything about other teams youth players.

I haven’t once suggested signing other teams youth players is a waste of time. Wednesday, and all other clubs, have a scouting team who will go and watch players play that they think they might want to sign.

I’m sure our scouting team have seen him play multiple times and have seen enough in him to think he will be a decent signing and help the team this season.

Not sure how Barry from Wickersley can come to the conclusion he’s a ‘special talent’….

Malek is one of the most knowledgeable people you will ever find and only ever speaks from a position of that

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Malek is one of the most knowledgeable people you will ever find and only ever speaks from a position of that

I wasn’t referring to just Malek. He may well be knowledgeable on this lad (he may also not be - he can’t know everything). There’s been multiple posters bigging  this lad up without any basis 

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Absolutely agree, although sadly majority don't make it you only have to look at city snd Chelsea to see that. Really hope he does prove to be amazing, fingers crossed.

30 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

I wasn’t referring to just Malek. He may well be knowledgeable on this lad (he may also not be - he can’t know everything). There’s been multiple posters bigging  this lad up without any basis 

Have u watched his video?
clearly talented at a certain level, unproven at other levels yet. 
yes videos only show best bits but those best bits are very good. 
anyone who knows anything about football knows no matter who playing against or how bad opponents are u still have to control the ball, take players on and score past a keeper. 
this lad clearly has a gift. 

53 minutes ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Dont think anyone ever thought George Hirst was a special talent.

Pretty sure with his performances in junior/youth teams and representing England we all hoped/thought he'd go on to emulate his dad. Who was a special talent.