The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Paterson isn't a striker, never has been, never will be. Good bloke by all accounts and I like his attitude but he just hasn't got a strikers instincts. He can score goals from midfield though.

Agree. Clear difference between Kamberi’s movement when he came on on Saturday.

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
15 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

He will but there'll be quite a bit of rotation IMO. 

Probably but he’s the one I’m really excited about. I think him on one wing and Shodipo on the other could be outstanding 

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Probably but he’s the one I’m really excited about. I think him on one wing and Shodipo on the other could be outstanding 

Yes they do look exciting and barring injuries I'm sure that they'll get plenty of game time. I doubt however that we'll be seeing a best 11 this season though with the squad we've assembled. Rotation for recuperation and tactics to suit. It'll take time for everyone to gel but hopefully  exciting  times ahead.

2 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Corbeanu has had one professional appearance so they're probably happy he's getting to be around a first team squad and hopeful his talent shines through enough to become a regular.

Per an Everton fan I know Gibson will likely be available for us to buy in January as there are too many in front of him in the queue there for him to break into the first team. He's out of contract at season end and the reason they might offer a contract extension is so they dont lose him for nothing. 

I thought Everton had extended his contract by a year before we signed him on loan?

26 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I thought Everton had extended his contract by a year before we signed him on loan?

11 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Everton have an option to extend Gibson’s contract, but it currently runs out at the end of the season. 

Yep, they have an option but are open to moving him in Jan.

Wouldn't be surprised if we have got an option there if we are clear of the embargo that is currently stopping us paying fees.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

Yep, they have an option but are open to moving him in Jan.

Wouldn't be surprised if we have got an option there if we are clear of the embargo that is currently stopping us paying fees.

Or if he does well from now until January they take the option and then charge us 2-3m for him.

25 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Doubt we will be able to pay any fees in January.

Surely the EFL will want to at least see another set of accounts first...

I am not saying we can or will pay it. Just what will probably happen if he does well.

Interested to know how so many people know so much about corbeanu. Comments like ‘star in the making’ and ‘too good not to start’.

The lad has played one professional game how can you possibly come to that conclusion unless you’ve been an avid follower of wolves u23’s. Think a few have been playing too much football manager.

• Like 2

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Unless of course all our players have been paid...because there are no other reason for an embargo 

Paid for how long?

Allowing us to sign players for money again is entirely in the gift of the EFL.  It's not like there are specific rules here.  They can make Chansiri jump through whatever hoops they want for however long they want.   If he doesn't like it, he is free to find another competition to enter the club into.

If it was me and I was the EFL, after all Chansiri's shenanigans and extended pisstaking, I would at least want to see a decent period of good behaviour and probably a year of accounts of the club being run sustainably.

• Like 1