The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

I'd be really happy if we could sign Sims and Cosgrove on permanent deals, both only 24 with bags of potential.

Not sure Birmingham would want Cosgrove to go permanently but a buy back/clause filled deal would be good for both parties at this stage. He's a lump, but i think Moore could really bring the best out in him.

Sims is worthy of playing in the championship from what i've seen and he would be a great investment that we could look to develop further and move on for a profit further down the line. 

1 hour ago, swfcGibbo said:

My concern with all these signings is that Corbeanu won't get any game time. 

He looks like an absolutely fantastic prospect.

Trouble is if Corbeanu and Gibson aren't getting game time, Wolves and Everton won't be happy.

They have have sent them out to play games, not sit on the bench or not even be in the match day squad.

14 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I'd be really happy if we could sign Sims and Cosgrove on permanent deals, both only 24 with bags of potential.

Not sure Birmingham would want Cosgrove to go permanently but a buy back/clause filled deal would be good for both parties at this stage. He's a lump, but i think Moore could really bring the best out in him.

Sims is worthy of playing in the championship from what i've seen and he would be a great investment that we could look to develop further and move on for a profit further down the line. 

Cosgrove looks to be going to Shrewsbury. Wycombe wanted him but he wants guaranteed game time

17 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Cosgrove off to Shrewsbury 

27 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Trouble is if Corbeanu and Gibson aren't getting game time, Wolves and Everton won't be happy.

They have have sent them out to play games, not sit on the bench or not even be in the match day squad.

They were sent to us because of Moore’s rep in the game in bringing on young players.

Makes me laugh that some are getting their knickers in a twist over the amount of players that have come in. Not that long ago they were on the warpath because sod all business had been done. 

The club will never do right for doing wrong with our lot. Look into the future, how many of this squad will be here in 12 months time? We’re not going down the route we originally did under DC regardless of what some fans might think?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Corbeanu has had one professional appearance so they're probably happy he's getting to be around a first team squad and hopeful his talent shines through enough to become a regular.

Per an Everton fan I know Gibson will likely be available for us to buy in January as there are too many in front of him in the queue there for him to break into the first team. He's out of contract at season end and the reason they might offer a contract extension is so they dont lose him for nothing. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jim said:

They were sent to us because of Moore’s rep in the game in bringing on young players.

Makes me laugh that some are getting their knickers in a twist over the amount of players that have come in. Not that long ago they were on the warpath because sod all business had been done. 

The club will never do right for doing wrong with our lot. Look into the future, how many of this squad will be here in 12 months time? We’re not going down the route we originally did under DC regardless of what some fans might think?

Plus people are making judgement on players not having game time... after 1 match!!

It's a long season people.

30 minutes ago, Jim said:

Considering 6 players are on loan. They won’t be here next season. Unless we sign them.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We’re getting far too top heavy up front now in my opinion.

Shades of that first season under Carlos where we were signing players for the sake of it.

Not sure we need another forward with Paterson, Gregory, Kamberi and Windass. 5 strikers competing for 1 place?! Seems silly.

Paterson isn't a striker, never has been, never will be. Good bloke by all accounts and I like his attitude but he just hasn't got a strikers instincts. He can score goals from midfield though.

27 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Considering 6 players are on loan. They won’t be here next season. Unless we sign them.

That is what I was alluding to. Hunt and Gregory have only signed on for a year with a years option. It hasn’t been revealed with regards the length of Contract for the other permanents. Maybe 2 years? So come the end of the

season they only have one year left and all bar Windass, Bannan, FDB and Dawson of the existing players are under contract beyond the season. We’re not stockpiling players in the same way, arguably this way will work better?