The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

12 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Ellis Harrison was garbage at ITFC 

Didnt think he'd been at Portsmouth long 

We already have plenty of wide forwards, who don't score 

Think we would be signing someone to be a back up.  Not going to get someone of real quality now.  Just a body who has some experience at this level it seems.

Nottingham Forest ‘hope to snap up’ Sheffield Wednesday’s Liam Palmer, reports The Sun on Sunday (08.08.21, pg. 67).

Palmer, 29, is wanted by Nottingham Forest. The Scot has been with Sheffield Wednesday his entire career and has racked up an impressive 301 appearances for the Owls in all competitions.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Nottingham Forest ‘hope to snap up’ Sheffield Wednesday’s Liam Palmer, reports The Sun on Sunday (08.08.21, pg. 67).

Palmer, 29, is wanted by Nottingham Forest. The Scot has been with Sheffield Wednesday his entire career and has racked up an impressive 301 appearances for the Owls in all competitions.

Wouldn't be surprised at this 

As I mentioned a few days ago ... 

Brown

Gibson

Johnson

Hunt 

All play in positions that Palmer is used in 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Wouldn't be surprised at this 

As I mentioned a few days ago ... 

Brown

Gibson

Johnson

Hunt 

All play in positions that Palmer is used in 

Yes Palmer has been a fantastic servant  to this club, but if Forest are willing to

pay a little money it’s the right time to take it. Massive respect to Palmer but I don’t think we’d want him in the starting eleven if we were in the championship next season 

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Hmm bit split on this one, he does do a job for us does Palmer but you always get the sense with him that somebody else could do better. Think this one should be left up to the player to be honest, if he wants to go and try something new then maybe we shouldn’t stand in his way. He’s been a good servant and probably deserves as much.

Edited by swfc1983
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Always thought this was a possibility.

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think if true this could be best for both us and Liam.

• Thanks 1

Don't have a problem if Palmer stays, or goes. He's been a great servant, but not guaranteed a place in the team, which seems strange given he's potentially moving to the championship. 

I do think we'll miss his versatility, but that may also be a weakness of his game, not nailing down a position of his own. 

Don't see who would  cover RB in the current squad though, would need a back up for Hunt.

I like Palmer, think he is versatile and committed. Think his best position is probably right sided centre back in a 3, so he doesn’t have to get forward. He is still improving and is strong physically. He tackles well, and is part of a back 4 that hasn’t conceded yet. I would be loathe to lose him.However it is a tough one, and it should depend on how much Forest are willing to pay. I wouldn’t let him go for £250,000. Overall I would like to keep him, provided he is willing to sign a new contract, which would probably be on less than he is on now, and probably less than he would get at Forest, as I expect they would at least match his current contract. I would miss him being part of the Hillsborough furniture. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes Palmer has been a fantastic servant  to this club, but if Forest are willing to

pay a little money it’s the right time to take it. Massive respect to Palmer but I don’t think we’d want him in the starting eleven if we were in the championship next season 

Yep fully agree if we can get £250K+ for Palmer then now is the time to sell him before his contract expires next summer.  I don't like seeing him named in the starting line up, particularly at left back.  But if Forest only want to pay £50K or something silly then we keep him for his versatility.  

• Like 1

Palmer leaving would be an incredibly smart choice. We are well covered, he's in the age where we must start shipping players out unless they are crucial to us and I don't think he would be signing a new contract if we were in L1 also after this season. I'd say it would be the best way for all parties.